Welcome to my webpage. Our university is Stanford!
We are working so hard in Kindergarten.
Parents can help!
Daily school attendance, arriving at school on time, well rested and having eaten breakfast truly can make the difference between a great day and a frustrating day. Please have your child in bed on school nights by 8:00. Please make sure that your child eats a healthy breakfast (not just sugary junk food). Children who are well rested, have had a healthy breakfast and have regular attendance are happy and productive and ready to achieve at their maximum potential!
Our goals include:
- recognizing all letters and sounds
- producing the long vowel sounds (the /a/in angel, the /e/ in eagle...)
- reading and spelling all high frequency words
- reading 3-4 books independently every day
- identifying the beginning, middle and ending sound of a word
- segmenting a word into the individual sounds (bat= b-a-t)
- blending a word back together that is given in the individual sounds (c-a-t=cat)
- creating rhyming words
- recognizing numbers 0-30 out of order
- counting to 100 by 1's and 10's without a model
- adding and subtracting numbers to 10
- sorting, seriating and identifying which groups have more, less and are equal
- building numbers 10-19 with and without ten frames
- decomposing numbers (breaking numbers into smaller numbers) like 5=2+3 or 5=1+4 to 10
- counting on 5 more from any given number (46- 47, 48, 49, 50, 51... not always having to begin with 1)
- writing all letters and numbers with the correct formation
- writing in different genres including: information, narrative and opinion
- correctly writing first and last name
- NWEA Maps minimum test score of 156 for language arts and 156 for math K