When creating your ET/D, a watermark can be used to check your margins and page numbers location on each page. If any text or page number fall outside of the watermark, corrections are needed. The watermark will also allow you to check for inappropriate white space. A watermark can be applied to either your PDF file or your Word document, and then before uploading for review, this watermark can be easily removed.
To access and use the watermark that we currently provide...
(PC) or Control-click (Mac) and save the PDF watermark template file
(TPWatermarkO.pdf) on the botom of this page to your computer. You may also use the download (down-pointing) arrow to the right of this file. It is
suggested that you store this template in the folder with your ET/D so
that it will always be handy.
- Using Microsoft Word 2010 (PC)
- Using Microsoft Word 2011 (Mac)
- Open your manuscript (ET/D) in Word
- From the drop-down menu select Insert > Watermark...
- Click on the Select Picture... button on the dialog page
- Locate and select the TPWatermarkO.pdf file on your computer
- Set the Scale to 100% and then click the OK button at the bottom of this dialog box
using this watermark, do not forget to remove it before saving your
Word document: To remove again select Insert > Watermark..., and then
No watermark at the top of this dialog box and click OK at the bottom
of the page