Would you like to invent a new product or start your own company?
In MAE154 you will develop your own product concepts along with a business plan. At the end of the class each team will present their products to a review panel which will award funding to winning teams. This funding can be used to continue product development during a capstone engineering design class at UCSD.
All teams will be able to submit their product concepts for the annual Zahn Prize, which will provide cash prizes and be administered by the newly formed Moxie Center. The Moxie Center will promote entrepreneurship among students throughout the Jacobs School of Engineering with an emphasis on undergraduates.
- The class is open to all majors, but requires that students have junior or senior standing and permission of the instructor.
- Preference will be given to engineering students who will be taking a capstone design course closely following MAE154.
- For example a student taking MAE154 in the fall may be able to work on the project they come up with for their senior design project in MAE156B in winter or spring.
- Enrollment is limited to 40 students.
- Enrollment requires permission of the instructor. Please complete the on-line application below by June 15, 2013 for full consideration.
- Admission in the class is based upon instructor approval and notification of enrollment status will be sent out during the summer.