Welcome to Prof. Zheng Chen's homepage!
We are a materials-focused research group in the Department of NanoEngineering at University of California, San Diego. Our research focuses on using chemistry and chemical engineering principles to design, synthesize and utilize novel functional polymers,
nanostructured materials, and their hybrid materials for the benefit of our society. We are particularly interested in solving problems related to electrochemical energy storage and conversion, clean water and sustainable environment. We value both fundamental research and real applications.
We are always looking for motivated undergraduates, graduates and postdoctoral candidates to join our team. We are also willing to enhance the diversity of the science and engineering community. Women, minority and other under-represented students are encouraged to contact Prof. Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for possible opportunities in the group. We may not have positions immediately but will be in contact shortly once we have an opening.
1. Zheng Chen, et al, Yi Cui* and Zhenan Bao*, Fast and Reversible Thermo-Responsive Polymer Switching for Safer Batteries, Nature Energy, 2016, 1: 15009.
2. Zheng Chen, et al, Yi Cui*, Zhenan Bao*, High-Areal-Capacity Silicon Electrodes with Low-Cost Silicon Particles Based on Spatial Control of Self-Healing Binder, Advanced Energy Materials, 2015, 5: 1401826.
3. Zheng Chen, et al, Yi Cui* and Zhenan Bao*, A Three-Dimensionally Interconnected Carbon Nanotube-Conducting Polymer Hydrogel Network for High-Performance Flexible Battery Electrodes, 2014, Advanced Energy Materials, 2014, 4: 1400207.
4. Zheng Chen, et al, Yunfeng Lu, and Hexing Li*, Hierarchical Nanostructured WO3 with Biomimetic Proton Channels and Mixed Ionic-Electronic Conductivity for Electrochemical Energy Storage, Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 6802-6808.
5. Zheng Chen, et al, Fosong Wang* and Yunfeng Lu*, 3D Nanocomposite Architectures from Carbon-Nanotube-Threaded Nanocrystals for High-Performance Electrochemical Energy Storage, Advanced Materials, 2014, 26, 339-345.