During this session, you will learn the value of -- and how to maintain -- classroom community. You will look at norms and how they can guide the classroom community throughout the year.
- What makes a community?
- How might teachers build a learning community within their classrooms?
- How might community-building strategies be implemented in the classroom?
- What is classroom community?
- What strategies and techniques establish and sustain classroom learning communities?
- What are classroom norms?
- What is the difference between classroom norms and rules?
- What are class-building activities and what is their purpose?
- What are some class-building strategies I can use with my students?