4.0 ASSEMBLY OF DELEGATES
4.1.1 The Assembly of Delegates shall consist of the president of each member institution (or the president’s designee), the Chancellor (or the Chancellor’s designee), and a number of delegates elected by and from the various classes of individual members of the Association at each Virginia Community College and the System Office in accordance with the following schedule:
184.108.40.206 One delegate for each class of ten individual members or fraction thereof, plus
220.127.116.11 One delegate for each class of twenty-five individual members or major fraction thereof beyond the first ten individual members of each class.
18.104.22.168 The number of voting delegates per institution will be determined using the membership list as of June 30 of the previous membership year.
· Delegates Constitutional Duties
4.2 Powers of the Assembly
4.2.1 The Assembly of Delegates shall be the official representative body of the Association with responsibility to fulfill the purposes of the Association.
5.2 Election of Officers
1. The President shall be elected by the Assembly of Delegates at the annual conference whenever there is no President-Elect to assume that office automatically. The President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected by the Assembly of Delegates at the annual conference.
11.0 AMENDMENTS AND BYLAWS
2. 11.1.1 This Constitution may be amended at the regular annual conference of the Association by two-thirds vote of the Assembly of Delegates present and voting, provided that the proposed change has been submitted in written form to the Parliamentarian by a member at least forty (40) days before the annual conference. The Parliamentarian shall distribute such proposed changes in written form to all members at least thirty (30) days prior to the annual conference.
3. 11.1.2 The Constitution may also be amended by a three-fourths vote of the delegates voting by electronic mail (e-mail), provided the proposed changes have been distributed in written form by the Parliamentarian to each delegate at least thirty (30) days prior to the deadline for balloting.
4. 11.2.1 The authority to adopt bylaws in conformity with this Constitution is vested in the Assembly of Delegates. Proposed bylaws or changes thereto shall be submitted in written form to the Parliamentarian by a member at least forty (40) days before the annual conference.
· Leadership Manuel
Delegates constitutionally mandated duties and responsibilities
o Serve collectively as the largest deliberative body of the Association with the responsibility to fulfill the purposes of the Association
o Collectively elect the officers of the Association
o Elect the members-at-large to the VCCA Executive Committee
o Act on proposals submitted by the Executive Committee
o Collectively adopt Articles of Incorporation if needed
o Approve amendments to the Constitution and Bylaws
o Approve the dues structure
o Approve honorary membership recommendations
o Duties and responsibilities assigned or implied
o Remain informed of Association activities at the state and local levels
o Communicate suggestions or comments to the Association through the designated members-at-large on the Executive Committee
o Insure the selection of a VCCA contact per college and follow-up to facilitate effective communication
o Take responsibility for local VCCA activities in cooperation with the VCCA contact
o Communicate news items to the VCCA publications liaison as appropriate