All PVCC Students Are Eligible to Enter the
QEP Essay Writing Contest
Professional Association of Support Staff and Faculty Senate
First place essay will be awarded $150
Second place essay will be awarded $100
Third place essay will be awarded $50
1. Essay Topics: Choose one of the following topics and write an essay that meets the guidelines specified below:
(1) “The best time in history to be alive” (Consider people you would have met and events you would have experienced/witnessed).
(2) "When I am old, I will ..." (Be? Accomplish? Think?)
(3) You can go back to the past and give any one person (famous or not; alive or not) one piece of advice. Who is it? What is the advice? Why?
2. Length: 750 words
3. Layout: All entries should be:
a. Word processed and saved as .rtf, .doc, or .docx files
b. In Times New Roman, 11 or 12 point font, with 1” margins
c. Include writer’s first and last name (on each page) in upper left corner
4. How To Submit: Entries should be e-mailed, using VCCS e-mail account, to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Deadline: Only entries received by November 4th, 2011, 5:00 p.m. will be considered
6. Ownership Pledge: Writers may not submit work that is not their own. By submitting an essay entry, writer pledges that s/he is the author of that entry.
7. Questions: Email email@example.com