After deciding what JTCC Degree Program best fits your teaching plans, it is important to do the following:
- Go to Transfer Information and decide where you want to transfer.
- Plan your courses so that you fulfill the four-year college's requirements while completing your JTCC degree. For example, if the four-year school requires one life science and one physical science, you will want to take BIO 101 and a CHM, PHY or NAS course. On the other hand, if the four year school requires two life sciences, you will want to take BIO 101 and BIO 102. Consult the four-year school's requirements for language and history, as well.
- Complete any developmental English and/or math courses that you are required to take during your first semesters.
- Take SDV 101 during your first semester at JTCC or soon thereafter.
- Take EDU 200 after completing 24 college credits.
- Take the Core Academic Skills Tests for Educators in Reading, Writing and Math during your last semester at JTCC. Go to www.ets.org to sign-up for the tests and to prepare for them.
- Join the Future Teachers Club and network with other prospective teachers, gain valuable leadership skills, participate in club activities, and meet faculty advisors.
- Volunteer in the community!