· Confidentiality. Your client status with the Washington SBDC will remain confidential. All information shared with your advisor or any of its resources (staff, faculty, volunteers, and consultants) will be held in strictest confidence.
· You Make Decisions. We will not make business decisions or judgments for you. Our role is to provide you with knowledge based upon our best efforts to apply the experience and resources available to us to assist you in making your own business decisions.
· Conflict of Interest. No recommendations will be made as to the purchase of goods or services from any individual or firm with whom any Washington SBDC employee or its resources (staff, faculty, volunteers, and consultants) have any financial, familial or personal interest.
· No Fee for business advising. This program is provided by our sponsors to provide education and guidance so you can make decisions or perform the tasks necessary to resolve your business issues.
· Your responsibility. As your advisor I will provide instruction and assignments to help you improve your business, you are responsible to complete the assignments to gain the most knowledge and benefit.
· Economic Development. Business advising services provided to you are a part of the effort of the Washington SBDC, Edmonds Community College, the Economic Alliance of Snohomish County and the Small Business Administration to positively affect the economy of this community and Washington.
· We verify economic development by asking you to participate in confidential surveys to document the quality of the business advising services you received and outcomes of those services. Outcomes and economic impacts take many forms including loans received, jobs created, increased sales, buying or starting a business, and improving the net worth of your business.
Your feedback regarding the services provided and any economic impacts is important to improve our future services. Any economic impacts reported are summarized with other client results to provide verified outcomes to our local sponsors. Our sponsors consider all results as a basis for measuring the effectiveness of the SBDC in providing you with the information needed to make good business decisions.