The Spring Powwow is an annual event that is hosted by the Powwow Committee and the Native American Student Association (NASA) at Edmonds Community College. From Friday May 2nd through Sunday, May 4th, the Edmonds CC gym is transformed into a vibrant cultural event open to the public that includes Native American dancing competitions, music, food, arts and crafts.
Volunteers are needed from Friday through Sunday.
Depending on the times and days that you choose to volunteer, you can expect the following:
FRIDAY FRIDAY- SUNDAY AFTERNOON SUNDAY EVENING
SET UP: GENERAL DUTIES BREAKDOWN
1. Pull Out Bleachers 1. Greet Guests 1. Return bleachers
2. Tarps on Floor 2. Host information booth 2. Lift tarps
3. Tape Down Tarps 3. Janitorial duties 3. Janitorial duties
4. Sweep/Spot Mop Tarps 4. Kids area 4. Break down booths
5. Stage Set Up 5. Vendor Liaison 5. Return equipment to storage
6. Table Set Up 6. Help with food booth 6. Garbage/Recycle
7. Set up sign 7. Plant Identification Booth
8. Garbage / Recycle 8. Security
9. Water Station 9. Enjoy the music and dancing!
10. Concession Setup
11. Sandwich Boards & Banner
12. Transport Items from Storage
13. Set Up Drum Circles
14. Vendor Assistance
15. Kids Area Set Up
17. Move/Store items in back room (soccer nets, etc.)
18. Attend the lecture: Powwow 101
SIGN UP BELOW: