Student Resources

See below for a listing of resources and services you should be aware of that serve students.

Academic Computer Services

Computer resources for students are available in Alderwood Hall, the Learning Commons in the library and the Triton Union Building. Wireless access is available in most areas of campus. For more information visit:

Advising Resource Center

Located on the first floor of Lynnwood Hall, the Advising Resource Center provides student advising and orientations, computer access for students to research universities and the transfer process via the internet. A limited amount of print material is also available. Students may use computers to register online or research career and educational programs. Students may make appointments to meet with academic advisors, as well as faculty advisors. Advising appointments can be made by calling (425) 640-1458. For more information regarding this program visit:

Bridge Classes

Bridge classes help students bridge the gap between current skills and the level of skill needed to succeed in college. Bridge courses are a perfect way to brush up on skills whether students plan to get a GED, improve their job prospects or attend college. For more information on this program visit:

Career Action Center

The Career Action Center aids students in accessing information about jobs and internships. Staff offer help with job search, resumes and interviewing skills. The Center is located in MLT 130 and may be reached at 425-640-1256 or by email at  For more information about this program visit:

Child Care

On-campus childcare is provided for children ages 3 months to 5 years old. The Center for Families celebrates the growth and learning of children and their parents. Best practices in the education of children as early learners guide this program as a model in our community. For more information visit:


Counseling Center

The Counseling and Resource Center provides free, confidential and professional counseling services, resources and referral to support the academic success, health and well-being of our students and campus community.

Counselors also provide career counseling and assist students develop skills and strategies to be a successful student.

Students may also review our printed material for information on a variety of topics or ask our staff for assistance to connect with resources to meet their needs.

Learn more at the Counseling and Resource Center by visiting Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 145 or call 425.640.1358 or go to

Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services consists of student admission, assessment, orientation, advising, and registration. For complete information visit:

Diversity Student Center
The Diversity Student Center, located in the Brier Building, serves all students with a focus on ethnically diverse, homeless, female, gay, lesbian, and gender diverse students. We provide a peer mentoring program that helps students understand college life, a conversation partner program to help second language speakers with English in a friendly conversational setting, emergency funding and a computer lab with internet access for students. For more information about this program visit:

Financial Aid

Edmonds Community College believes every person should have the opportunity to achieve their educational goals regardless of financial circumstances. Financial aid helps students offset college costs. However, the student and his or her family are also expected to contribute to educational costs through earnings, assets, savings, and even by borrowing against future earnings. It is important to plan early for the expenses associated with a college education. Financial aid forms and assistance are available from Student Financial Services. For more information visit:


Student Housing serves a diverse community of more than 800 US and international students each year in Residence Halls and home stays, which provide educational experiences for both Edmonds Community College students, Central Washington University students, and families in our community. For more information visit:

International Student Services

The International Student Services staff members speak many languages and know many cultures. All are here to advise and help with:

  • Immigration - How to get/change a visa
  • Classes - Choose the right classes for a degree, transfer to a university or job training for a career
  • Housing - Arrange a home stay with an American family, dormitory or find an apartment in the local area
  • On and off campus activities - Social, recreational and cultural activities at the college and off-campus through the Edmonds CC Student Programs Office, clubs and friendship groups
  • Adjustment to college and the USA - Offer American Culture class, orientation activities, personal tutoring, counseling, testing, and advising.
For more information visit:

Learning Support Center - Tutoring and Writing Center

The Learning Support Center provides free one-on-one academic support for students currently enrolled at Edmonds. Faculty play a key role in helping the Center assist over 2,400 students each year. The Learning Support Center is located in Mukilteo Hall, 1st floor. This Center provides academic support for students in writing and tutorial services. Schedules are normally available by the second week of the quarter. For more information, call 425-640-1750. For more information visit:

Library & Learning Commons

Full range of library resources and study space is available for college students and employees in Lynnwood Hall 3rd and 4th Floors. For more information visit:

Center for Student Engagement & Leadership (CSEL)

The Center for Student Engagement and Leadership, located in the student union in Brier Hall, offers a wide range of student resources and activities. Everything from events, trips, lectures, intramural, concerts, clubs, multicultural programs, leadership opportunities and more. The Associated Students of Edmonds Community College (ASEdCC) funds over 60 programs and services across campus. A list of these programs and services is found in the Student Handbook. CSEL staff encourages students to have a voice in how their S&A fees are spent. Currently, ASEdCC funding supports child care, performing arts, clubs, lectures, trips, athletics, Brown Bag Lectures, services for students with disabilities, the information center and many other programs and services. For a complete listing, visit: 

Services for Students with Disabilities

The office of Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) provides assistance to students and instructors.  The program assists students with all types of disabilities such as: deaf, mobility, language, learning disability, blind/visual, chronic health, neurological, psychological, or emotional. SSD also connects students to outside agencies and other programs to ensure success in college. The office is located in Mountlake Terrace Hall 159. For more information visit:

Student Privacy Issues

The college has established and enforces guidelines which are in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 (Buckley Amendment) for release of information about students. These guidelines delineate the information which becomes a part of a student's permanent educational records and govern the condition of its disclosure. In general, information about student educational records may not be released without express permission of the student. Review the Student Records Policy C6.8.100 for the exact language. For additional information see also:

Student Rights

Protection Against Improper Disclosure and of Confidentiality of Teacher-Student Relationships: Information about student views, beliefs, and political associations that instructors acquire in the course of their work as advisors, teachers, and counselors is confidential, and protection against improper disclosure is a serious obligation. Judgments of ability and character may be provided only under appropriate circumstances, with the knowledge and consent of the student. Complaints should be filed with the Vice President for Student Services.

Academic Regulation Appeals: Students shall be provided an impartial hearing regarding requests to waive specific academic regulations. To initiate the process, students should request a Petition to Waive form from the Enrollment Services Office and complete the process delineated on the form. If a student wishes to challenge the decision, the student must direct the request to the Academic Standards Committee. For more information visit:


TRiO is a federally funded program that provides low-income, first generation college students, and students with disabilities the valuable support and services that will assist in student success and persistence towards graduation. TRiO serves to motivate and help students accomplish their goals by offering comprehensive individual support. For more information visit:

Wellness Center

Wellness and Health Promotion supports academic success, productivity and life-long learning. We provide programming and learning opportunities for a variety of wellness and health related topics throughout the year. 

We also support a campus Wellness Center which serves as a safe space for not only students, but for our entire campus community! 

Feel free to stop by for a cup of tea or water, use our space to relax between classes, inquire about topics related to health and wellness, access printed material, referral to resources and seek opportunities for learning.

For more information visit our Wellness Center, located in Lynnwood Hall, Room 236, call 425.640.1756 or go to