Who should apply?
The AWARDSS program is looking
for students* who would benefit from
college preparation courses, dedicated
mentorship and specialized research experience before applying to graduate school who preferably have a sincere interest in exploring and pursuing a doctoral degree in higher education.
*The program is designed for upper division and masters students at the University of Arizona as well as recent UA graduates (from the last five years).
How can you benefit?
Fellows will receive specialized training in education research (with a focus on examining individual and societal contributions to student success), conduct research with faculty mentors, develop their writing skills, and receive specific assistance in applying to doctoral programs, all via our specialized funded program.
- Fall/Spring graduate writing courses
- GRE training and fee waivers
- $4,000 Summer stipend and $1,000 Fall stipend
- Summer room and board provided (or off-campus housing equivalencies)
- On campus parking, mileage (if applicable)
- Summer tuition and fees paid by UROC for the UROC-PREP credit-bearing courses