- New York Public Library On-Lion for Kids - access ebooks, Tumble Books, and other online resources through the New York Public Library. Sign up for a library card online to access all of the NYPL resources.
- Starfall - learn to read with phonics activities.
- Internet4Teachers - elementary language arts websites sorted by grade level and topic.
- Beacon Learning Center - collection of teacher-designed, interactive web lessons.
- Internet for Classrooms - links to many interactive websites. Sites can be sorted by grade, curriculum area, and/or standard.
- Technology Integration in ELA - a teacher website with links to useful, online ELA activities.
- Skratch Track - students can log in and keep track of what books they have read, receive awards for reading books, and write short book reports to help them remember what they liked best about a particular book.
- Storybird - Storybirds are short, art-inspired stories you make to share, read, and print.
- Beacon Learning Center - students read a short paragraph and then list the sequence of events.
- Sequencing Fun - a list of sequencing activities for students.
- PBSkids.org - students read and/or listen to three pieces of a story, then they click and drag the pieces to put the story in the correct order.
Animated Stories / Online Books:
- Tumble Books - animated stories with puzzles and games to reinforce story.
- Book Flix - Scholastic BookFlix is a new online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks from Weston Woods with related nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to build a love of reading and learning. If your child attends Harley Avenue, BookFlix is accessible through Ms. Kossowsky's library website.
- Story Cove - a collection of culturally diverse stories students can read or listen to online.
- On-Lion for Kids Reviews - books for students, reviewed by students
- Children's Books 2009 - 100 titles for reading and sharing.
- New York Public Library eBooks collection - a collection of books that students can view online.
- StoryPlace - online elementary library.
- Storyline Online - an online streaming video program featuring stories read by members of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Read.gov - Classic children's books online, author interviews and reading news and events from the Library of Congress.
- Online Magazines - magazine subscriptions provided by the New York Public Library.
Vocabulary / Sentence Completion:
Downloadable Graphic Organizers/Planning Pages/Framing Charts:
- Flip-a-Chip - Students flip a chip and place the word revealed in a sentence to complete a paragraph.
Cartoon Strip Downloads:
** Our FAVORITE resources are highlighted in yellow! **