Welcome Back everyone!! We are so excited to be back and ready to roll tonight! It’s been a crazy month for the EdCeptional Crew but now we are rarin’ to go. Patrick can you kick us off for tonight’s roll call and share...a new app that you are anxious to try ( or have tried) this school year:
- Patrick Black: back to using Classroom Suite, didn’t get a chance to use it much last year
- Jeremy Brown: Explain Everything and Splashtop Whiteboard
- Deb Truskey: I am looking forward to trying out new organizational tools, such as Caseload Tracker and Percentally.
- Your host for tonight....Anne Truger: Word Wizard
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY SPECIALISTS:
- GENERAL EDUCATION TEACHERS:
- Digital Kindergarten
- This blogger reflects on how she uses her iPads in the classroom, offers some limited critiques about apps and in understandable terms describes the effects iPads have had within her classroom. In one post she even talks about how the iPads have improved behaviors!
- SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS:
- Speech Therapy Ideas
- Becky Wanca offers speech and language therapy ideas by e-mail for $60. With your subscription, you get a year’s worth of printable therapy materials delivered to you by e-mail, 3 Basic sets and over 50 pages of printable materials, exclusive offers and content not available on the website and therapy ideas and blogs sent directly to your e-mail. It is a wealth of materials! Something to keep in mind as you spend your yearly budget. Her blog is informative and offers creative ideas for therapy with all ages of children. I have mentioned Becky’s site before but thought it was worth a repeat as we begin a new school year.
“ON THE RADAR”
- Mobile Learning (iOS/Android):
- Twitter chats:
- #Spedchat - continues to be on Tuesday nights at 8:30 EST. Check the #spedchat wiki for more details. Also, they are looking for a new group of moderators - if you are interested email Jeremy at techieteacher at gmail.com.
If you would like to continue the conversations you can find the crew at Patrick Black at http://about.me/patrickblack or teachntech00 on Twitter, Jeremy Brown at techieteacher on Twitter, Deb Truskey at debtruskey or SLPDeb on Twitter, and Anne Truger at atruger on Twitter. Any comments or suggestions about our show can be shared with the crew at @EdCeptional on Twitter or EdCeptional at EdReach.us.