Student Technology Advice and Resource Team (START), is a student led resource focused on helping students understand available EdmondsCC technologies — including EdMail, Google Apps, Learning Management System (Canvas), and putting that technology to it’s best use. START hosts workshops, develops on-line tutorials, and provides a drop-in, email and phone service for students to ask technology related questions.
START staff are responsible for documenting and tracking student technology issues, as well as attempting to provide resolution and/or referral to necessary college resources for further assistance. START is primarily staffed by student volunteers and interns from the EdmondsCC CS/CIS programs.
- Learning Support Center (LSC) tutors who provide focused course assistance. LSC also provides drop-in Canvas support.
- Academic Computer Services (ACS) staff who are responsible for supporting access to student computers and student accounts.
- Technology Resource Center (TRC), who provide technology support for EDCC Staff and Faculty.
- CIS Computer Repair Lab, who provide low or no-cost repair of laptops and desktop computers including assistance with; software installation and updates, virus removal, memory issues, and troubleshooting.
- Edmonds CC Librarians, who provide convenient and effective access to resources which actively support successful teaching and student learning.
- Edmonds CC Advisors, who help students determine what classes to take and when.
- Sign up for internship credit
- Apply for a paid position
- Complete the START application
- We accept applications at any time
- Applications for the current quarter are considered based upon submission date.
- Paid staff commit to 4 quarters
- Paid positions are not always open
Students that gain a position at START can work up to 19 hours per week (or 76 hours per month). Certain restrictions apply.
START applicants provide their class schedule/available time frames in the START application and are scheduled accordingly.