Blackberry and Goat Cheese Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- 7 ounces salad greens
- 3 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 ounces goat cheese, cut into small pieces
Place 1 cup of the blackberries into a food processor and blend until
smooth, approximately 2 minutes. Reserve the remaining berries.
- 2. Place a
medium sized bowl under a fine sieve. Strain the mixture, pushing the
juice through the mesh layer and into the bowl. Add the apple cider
vinegar, Dijon mustard and maple syrup to the berry juice and whisk to
combine. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking to incorporate. Season to
taste with fine sea salt.
- 3. Plate the
salad greens on a serving dish or large bowl. Drizzle the dressing over
the greens, lightly tossing to mix. Sprinkle the remaining berries on
top, followed by the almonds and goat cheese. Serve immediately.