Tomato and Tomatillo Gazpacho
- 6 large vine tomatoes, roughly chopped, divided
- 4 large tomatillos, roughly chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers
- 1/4 serrano pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Avocados, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
Place 3 tomatoes, 2 tomatillos, olive oil, garlic and lime juice and
zest into a food processor. Blend until completely smooth and pureed.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- 2. Place the
remaining tomatoes into the food processor and pulse until the pieces
form small chunks. Pour the tomatoes into the bowl with the pureed
vegetables. Repeat with the tomatillos, followed by the onion then
cucumbers and serrano peppers.
- 3. Stir the
paprika, chipotle powder, cumin, oregano and salt into the mixture,
making sure to combine all of the ingredients thoroughly. Cover and
chill for at least an hour up to overnight. Serve with avocado slices
and cilantro, if desired.