Peach Cobbler with Olive Oil Crumble - Serves 8
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
In a large bowl, toss the peaches with the ginger, sugar, cornstarch,
vanilla, salt, lemon zest and pumpkin pie spice. Drizzle the milk on top
and toss again to combine well.
- 2. Slide the peach mixture into a 9 inch x 12 inch baking dish. Randomly spread the cubes of butter over the peaches. Set aside.
- 3. In the bowl
of a food processor, blend the flour, almond meal, oats and cinnamon.
As the machine runs, slowly drizzle all of the olive oil into the dry
mixture until the topping begins to clump together.
- 4. Evenly
sprinkle the crumble topping over the peaches. Bake the cobbler in a
preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until the filling
begins to bubble, and the topping turns golden brown. Allow to cool
slightly before serving.
Peach Crumble Pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, plus more for the pan
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 pre-made pie crust, thawed and unrolled
- 2 pounds frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Start with the crumble first. Put the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar,
almond meal and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the bowl of a food processor.
Pulse until the mixture forms pea-sized bits. Set aside.
- 2. Butter the
bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie dish. Carefully place the pie crust
into the dish, lightly pressing the bottom and sides to fit into the
pan. Trim the edges and crimp as desired.
- 3. In a medium
bowl, toss in the peaches, sugar, lemon zest and juice, remaining salt,
cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir until well combined,
then pour the fruit mixture into the pie crust. Dot the crumble over the
top of the peaches.
- 4. Bake the
pie in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until
bubbly and golden brown. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.