Sundried Tomato and Basil Veal Burgers on Rosemary Onion Rolls – Serves 4
Buns (Adapted from Rosa's Yummy Yums)
1. Sprinkle the yeast into the water and stir in honey, sugar and butter. Set aside for about 5 minutes, or until frothy.
2. Pour yeast mixture into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add egg and combine slowly. Incorporate flour one cup at a time until dough is sticky, yet pulls away from the edge of the bowl.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured working surface and knead for about 3-5 minutes minutes until you've made a soft, smooth round of dough. Place the dough in a bowl doused with vegetable oil, cover it with a towel and let rise approximately 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size.
4. Dump dough back onto a lightly floured surface and knead 1-2 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Place the balls of dough on lightly oiled baking sheets about 3 inches apart and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
5. Whisk egg yolk and milk and glaze the buns with the mixture, then sprinkle with rosemary and onion. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove them from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
6. While buns cool, use your hands to mix all of the ingredients for the veal burgers until just incorporated.
7. Divide into 4 balls and press into slightly flattened patties. Cook on the stove or grill at medium high heat to desired doneness, approximately 3-4 minutes per side for medium.