Minutes‎ > ‎

October 2016 minutes

posted Mar 17, 2017, 10:13 AM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth PTSA Minutes

October 12, 2016

The meeting was called to order by Karen DeRoche at 6:00.

Principals Report

·       .Mrs.DuBois

·       The Reflections contest will be held again this year; there are any roles that can be signed up for.  Last year PTSA members helped with judging.

·       The MCAS letters were sent home today.  This year Palmer River is a level 2 school.  Teachers can be credited for their hard work so students could build needed skills.

·       The heat in the building was on today.

·       Mrs.Dubois saw portable gates to replace the netting on the playgrounds from a business closing and selling their equipment at a good price.  She would like to purchase 6.

·       Mr.Pirraglia

·       Beckwith Middle School is off to a great start with a bash, a dance and the Color Run. 

·       A fire drill was held with fast evacuation.  There will be an announced lockdown next week.

·       The 5th and 6th graders will attend a PTSA sponsored presentation about growth mindset.  The importance of and permission to make mistakes will be reflected on.  This will be held on October 19th in the gym from 9:15 to 10:45.

·       Some ACE programs have started this week.  Others will begin next week providing there are the 9 kids signed up that are necessary to run a class.

·       Mr.Pirraglia introduced Scott Abrahamson from Bravo Music to talk about their music program and work as an advocate in Arts education.  Literature with more information about this was handed out.

Committee Reports

·       Miss. Omerod- 5K The race will be held on November 6th rain or shine.   Registration needs to be pushed for success.  More volunteers are needed. 

·       There are some changes this year.  There will be no Dunk Tank or Snow cone Machine but other games will be substituted.  There will be face painting and an obstacle course. 

·       Sponsors are needed and any over $100.00 will be included on the t-shirt.

·       Fall Festival- Susan Bogosian- Susan inquired to Mr.Piragglia to whom the contact person for the Washington Trip would be.  Mr.Pirraglia referred to Melissa Bielenchuk , an eigth grade teacher.

·       Susan said pumpkins were sold last week, yesterday and today.  They have almost sold out.

·       There are two horse drawn wagons for the hayride, along with games and snacks in the cafeteria. 

·       Jennifer Moitoso-Color Run There are no numbers yet as pay pal may not have been set up.  Susan Bogosian said Color Run will take away the need for Coupon books and catalog sales which was the goal. 

·       Membership-Membership is up to 60.  To take away from peoples hesitancy to join PTSA because of time constraints and such, the group created a “Just Join “Motto, which says that joining is just as important as attending meetings. Mrs.Dubois will put in information into teachers mail box to help drive membership. 

·       Rehoboth PTSA Facebook Page- Susan Bogosian- This page will be strictly updates.  Photos will be kept away from.  The Administrators to this page will be Karen DeRoche, Susan Bogosian and Nellie Lima.

·       Book Fair-Traci Cady- The Palmer River Scholastic Book Fair raised $2500.00 in Scholastic Dollars which was less than last fall.  Open House was an exceptionally quiet night.  Teachers were each given $50.00 in the fall instead of the $25.00 in fall and spring.  The specialists and co teachers will receive theirs in the spring. 

·       Box Tops- Tina Tina inquired about pizza party for each grade that collected the most.  Mrs. Dubois suggested other options such as homework passes and extra recess.  She will discuss with Mrs. Hutson, the school nurse as students have many food allergies and the school may be moving in the direction of Food Free celebrations.

·       Budget- Erin Baer-  Erin says she will go over budget line by line and then return to specific items after it is read.  (This can be examined more closely in proposed budget which was handed out.) Following Erin’s presentation of budget, Nancy Breault requested to raise the USA skate amount from $100.00 to $200.00 as there is a facility rental fee.  Nancy Breault makes motion to   raise amount.  Motion is seconded and approved. Karen DeRoche asks if there are any more questions for budget and makes motion to approve.  Motion is seconded and approved.   Mr.Pirraglia thanked the PTSA for the increased support.  Mrs.Dubois asks to go back to the safety gates.  Erin Baer says that instead of increasing line item it is recommended to take the funds of $150.00 for 6 gates out of the principal’s account.

 

Motion to adjourn was made at 7:26 and was passed unanimously.

Comments