Minutes

February 2018 minutes

posted Mar 14, 2018, 5:01 AM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth PTSA Meeting Minutes

February 7,2018

 

Meeting called to order at 6:35pm by Susan Bogosian, President

January 2018 Meeting Minutes were approved, motion made by Arlene Miguel, seconded by Kara  Svendsen

Principal Report by Arlene Miguel:

-Thank you for the Bren Bataclan mural, mural theme was STEAM.

-Cookie and Book Night was a success.

-Future presentations at PRES will include the Zoo Mobile for Kindergarten and Iguana Show for Grades 1 and 4.

- Reading Week is planned for 2/26-3/2 will include Book walks, door decorating, Len Cabral Story Teller, and Book basket raffles Each day will have a “Surprise” Guest Reader. 

March 7 Celebration for Mrs. DuBois as Assistant Principal of the Year

The MA PTA Convention will be held on April 7, 2018.  At the convention Reflection Awards will be presented. 

 

Committee Reports:

-Tenth Annual Silent Auction will be held on March 9th at Hillside Country Club.  Mrs. McPartland’s Trio Band has been invited to provide entertainment. 

-Scholastic Books is offering a cash register training at PRES on 2/25 for all book fair volunteers.  Mrs. Placido and Christine Darling are co-chairs at PRES and will disseminate the info next week.  Literacy Night is being held during PRES Book Fair on Tues and Wed evening for Grades 1 and 2.  The manner in which Scholastic Dollars are spent will be discussed further with Executive Board and Principals.  There has been discussion among parents of books offered at Fall and Spring fairs.  One offering Usborne books which bring more non-fiction titles and Scholastic books which bring more fiction novels. 

-Box tops must be turned in by March 1st.

-Child Choice Dance dates are K-1 4/7, Gr 2-3, 4/28, and Gr 4 5/5.  Question was asked if we could hold event across 2 nights rather than 3? Susan will follow up with Committee Chairs to discuss this further. 

-Providence Bruins Event will be on 4/15 at 3pm, PRES Gr 4 chorus will sing at the game.  There is a Fan Appreciation Signing of Autographs, BMS band or chorus to sing or play the National Anthem.  There will be a tour of arena or a scavenger hunt for those in attendance.  Cost is $20 per family, includes free drink, popcorn and hat.  PTSA will earn $2 per group. 

-Reflection Arts Contest had 17-18 students participate.  Members of the Rehoboth Community were invited to vote on submissions. 

-PRES Talent Show is planned for mat 17th at BMS. 

-USA Skate Event was a huge success, 259 skaters participated.  PTSA earned $259 from the event. 

-Coupon Book Sales are a fundraising option for this Spring at both schools.  This group feels it is not a lucrative fundraiser for either school. 

-March 31 has been offered as a date for Group Tickets to Harlem Globetrotters at Dunkin Donuts Center.  $21.50 for tickets.  This group feels this is not an event to promote due to the date, it is the eve of Easter. 

-Eyes on Owls Presentation is an event we would like to pursue, Kara S. shared it is a great assembly for families. 

-We will hold a Used Book Sale in June at PRES.  This idea was well received and was successful at Jack Fest last Fall.  We will ask for book donations throughout April and May. 

Mrs. Dubois called Bloom Bus to inquire about cost of bussing for schools.  She was informed there is no formula to calculate the trip cost in advance.  As a group we will continue to search for the best price for student trips. 

 

A motion was made by Susan Bogosian to adjourn meeting at 8:47pm,  seconded by Nancy Breault

 

 

 

January 2018 minutes

posted Mar 6, 2018, 3:09 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

minutes attached.

December minutes

posted Mar 6, 2018, 3:07 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

minutes attached

October 2017 minutes

posted Jan 8, 2018, 4:20 AM by Rehoboth PTSA

October minutes attached

November 2017minutes

posted Jan 6, 2018, 1:52 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth PTSA Minutes  November 8, 2017  / Palmer River Elementary School  (11 Members in attendance) 
Meeting called to order 6:35 pm by Susan Bogosian, President 

Meeting Minutes: Susan Bogosian, President  Minutes from October 2017 -  minutes reviewed, motion to approve/seconded &  unanimously accepted. 

Principals’ Reports:  Joseph Pirraglia and Arlene Miguel  
1) Palmer River:  Arlene Miguel -   update provided by Susan Bogosian 
2) Beckwith:  Joseph Pirraglia  -  - Busy October with Pink & Orange (Unity) Days, Dance and Bash.  - Mr. Viera presented update on efforts to improve attendance & recognition for such. Feb  9th will be 1st AttenDANCE celebration for students with outstanding attendance (or  better than 95% which is equivalent to less than 9 absences). Incentives will be in place for  achieving better than 95%, i.e reduced $ for dance tickets, drinks/snacks, etc.  We hope to  open discussions re: why absences occur with greater connections being made.  - Soccer Teams applauded as Divisional Champs with Boys Soccer team record of 9-0-1 and  Girls Soccer team record of 8-2-1.  - Parent Teachers Conferences coming up.   

Committee Updates:  
1) Jack O’Lantern Festival: Karen DeRoche  -  Went very well.  Hayrides went much  smoother. Discussed more illumination outside at Beckwith for next year and  perhaps decreasing haunted hallways to 2 hours may be more beneficial for the  actors. Big “Thank you” again to all the volunteers, donations and service groups  that made this such a great night! 
2) 4th Grade Astronomy Night - 11/17 from 7-9pm  (12/1 is rain date) - flyer to be  posted. Will set up near Beckwith. Parking lot at PRES will be lit up and cafetaria  will be open at PRES to sell hot chocolate/water/popcorn. 
3) Health Summit- 11/16/17 - Waltham MA -  hosted by MA PTA - Reminder - please let us  know if you are interested in attending. 
4) Book Club - 11/29/17 @ BMS Library 
5) Bylaw Revision -   last done in 2014. Recommendations received from Jen Francioso at MA  PTA. Major revisions include:   a) Combine Asst. Treasurer and Secretary to “Financial Secretary” ;   b) 2 VP’s instead of 3 ;   c) credit card policy added;   d) Immediate Past President added to Executive Committee;  e) Plan to revise committee chair verbiage to protect need for  updates & fiscal  responsibility. 
 
 New Business: 
1) Treasurer’s Report  - beginning to see activity in Spiritwear, Enrichment, and  Membership. Please see updated budget sheet. 
2) Book Fair BMS : 11/27/17 through 12/1/17. Will solicit volunteers. Online book  fair this year will be open 11/17-12/8. Also plan locker raffles and continue teacher  recommendations.  
3) PEG:  Applications are ready to go and will be sent to principals for distribution.  Applicants need to be PTSA members. Will meet in December to decide and plan to  award during January meeting. 
4) Bus Negotiations:  Ms. Antonellis requested email questions.   Pursue other  companies but would only be for after school hours. 
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm by Susan Bogosian 
Next Meeting: 12/13/17 @ 6:30 pm in the Library at PRES

September 2017 minutes

posted Jan 6, 2018, 1:49 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth   PTSA   Minutes  September   20,   2017    /   Palmer   River   Elementary   School 

Meeting   called   to   order   6:15pm   by   Susan   Bogosian,   President 
Opening   Remarks/Welcome:   Susan   Bogosian,   President 

1) Update provided regarding board position resignations receivedfrom Treasurer/Assistant  Treasurer. Per MAPTA consultation and our current bylaws, HollyKucinski was appointed Treasurer, leaving positions of Secretary/Assistant Treasurer open. Volunteers welcome,                   please   let   Susan   know.  

2) Rehoboth PTSA awarded National School of Excellence and we are only 1 of 2 received in  MA.   Public   announcements/celebrations   TBS. 

3) National/State/Local focus this year is Parent Engagement. Locally, Rehoboth PTSA has added   Parent   Book   Club   and   an   Astronomy   Night,   more   to   follow. 

4) This year’s priorities/goals include: active engagement of teachers, increase membership,   increase on campus enrichment programs across both schools, fewer large scale “fun” fundraisers,   and   field   trips.  

Principals’   Reports:   Joseph   Pirraglia   and   Arlene   Miguel  
1) Updates   were   presented   together.  
2) Parent   engagement   will   be   focus   of   PRES   school   council   this   year.   Mrs.   Miguel   appreciates  the   improvement   of   school   culture   supported   by   the   PTSA.   Mr.   Pirraglia   is   also   very  appreciative   of   our   PTSA   involvement   with   family   engagement   through   Color   Run   and   new  Book   Club.   Growth   Mindset   will   be   our   first   book   discussed   at   10/25/17   at   Blanding  Library.   We   are   also   appreciative   of   the   inclusivity   and   enrichment   supported   by   this   PTSA. 
3) Kevin   Robinson,   Brett   “Ooch” ,   and   perhaps   Chris   Herron   expected   this   year   at   BMS. 
4) Faculty   meetings   will   also   focus   on   Growth   Mindset   and   Mindfulness;   trickle   down   effect  starting   with   the   adults.  

Committee   Updates:  
1) Membership:   Traci   Cady
   -   please   sign   up.   We   have   57   members   already.   Cards   will  be   delivered   in   next   several   days.   Can   also   enroll   online.   Membership   supports  PTSA   and   provides   benefits   at   local  
   vendors   such   as   Staples,   Lifetouch,   JC   Penney  to   name   a   few.  

2) Color   Run:   Jenn   Moitoso  
 -   scheduled   for   9/29/17   for   Beckwith   Students.   Costs  $40   to   Run   (pay   to   play).   Please   collect   sponsor   support   before   you   register.  
   Please  let   us   know   if   students   will   need   to   wait   for   pickup   after   event;   volunteers   will   stay  with   students   as   long   as   needed   to   allow   for   participation.  

3) Book   fair   at   PRES:   
 Runs   9/25/17-9/29/17   volunteers   are   needed,   please   sign   up. 

4) Book   Club  
 10/25/17   Growth   Mindset   -   flyers   will   go   out. 

5) Jack   O’Lantern   Festival:   Karen   DeRoche
   -   scheduled   10/28/17   -   planning   has  begun.   Volunteers   needed,   please   let   us   know.   Vendors   are   being   signed.  
   
6) Astronomy   Night:   Kara   Svendsen  
 -   scheduled   for   11/17/17.   Working   with   the  Astronomical   Society   of   New   England,   who   has   hosted   several   nights   like   this  locally   and   will   work   with   us   to   provide   a   night   with   our   students   and   families.  Working   out   details   to   be   announced. 

7) USA   Skate   Night:   Nancy   Breault
   -   11/16/17   -   both   schools   are   invited   to   USA   Skate   in  East   Providence   RI,   6:30pm-8:00pm.   Free   sundaes   and   anyone   can   skate. 

8) Health   Summit-   11/16/17   -   Waltham   MA   -  
 hosted   by   MA   PTA   -   brochures   on   are   on   the  tables   for   all   that   are   interested.  

Concussion   Workshop:  
 presented   by   Linda   Brown,   DPH   Workshop   handouts,   slides   and   information   available   upon   request.   

Meeting   adjourned   at   8:05pm   by   Susan   Bogosian 
Next   Meeting:   10/11/17   @   6:30pm   in   library   at   PRES 

April 2017 minutes

posted Aug 6, 2017, 2:21 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

MINUTES

Rehoboth PTSA

4/12/2017 6:35 PM | Meeting called to order by Karen DeRoche

Approval of Minutes

The minutes were read from the March 2017 meeting and approved.

Principal’s Report

Beckwith Middle School – Mr. Pirraglia

·       The ELA portion of the MCAS for grade 6 to 8 is complete.  Fifth graders will take theirs after vacation.  The Math portion of the test will take place in May.

·       Using devices to take test has been positive for kids and teachers.

·       Middle School appreciation month is taking place and first middle school informational night was held.  Participants included Bravo Music and Detective Casey about internet safety.

·       Spirit week was held with a student versus staff basketball game.

·       Peter Pan Jr. had 3 sell out shows.  Thanks went to Lori Rossi with her work on the costumes. She created all the costumes bases and let the kids decorate.

·       5th grade bash will be held on the 28th.

 

Budget

Erin Baer

·       There have been a few deposits including the auction (which was down a couple thousand from previous year), Palmer River Book Fair and the restaurant of the month earnings. 

·       Palmer River Enrichment including Sparky’s puppet for Kindergarten and fourth grade buses have been paid out.

·       Mr. Pirraglia noted Beckwith’s enrichment budget would be used soon as many trips were coming up. Hoops had been delivered. Mr. Pirraglia verified that the supplement amount not included in PEG grant could be taken out of enrichment.

·       Jennifer Moitoso asked to confirm of PTSA donation of $100 from auction to Robotics team. Susan Bogosian confirmed.

 

Committee Reports

Dance-Karen DeRoche

·       $1500.00 was earned between the 2 dances.  50% of the proceeds will go to PTSA.

·       Dances were well attended and there were many good comments.

·       In future more grades could be combined and separate fourth grade dance would not be needed. 

·       Several families had financial hardships requests which were met.

Staff Appreciation Luncheon- Nancy Breault

·       An informational letter would be going out today with requests for items to be donated.

·       The date for this is May 5th.

·       A Valentine’s Day appreciation gift of $88.55 is including in budget.

MA PTA State Convention- Karen DeRoche

·       Board members Karen DeRoche, Susan Bogosian and Holly Kucinski attended.

·       The Presentations were based on diversity with consideration of grandparents standing in as parents, foster parents and homeless families. There is a challenge to include these families.  Mrs. Miguel and Mrs.DuBois were recognized and rewarded for their work. 

·       Susan Bogosian noted Rehoboth PTSA won the most awards including membership drive.  The PTSA also increased from 3 to 5 delegates included in convention.

·       Mrs. Dubois also received award for her work in the Reflections Competition where many Rehoboth students have participated and won awards.  Many of these students will advance to the next level.

·       The following students received awards and will be recognized on Saturday May 20st at the Worcester Art Museum: Andrea Lancelotta (visual art), Charlie Favali (visual art), Caleigh Petersen (visual art), Aspen Abernathy (visual art),  Patrick McCann (literature), Ryan Bomes (photography), Gia Pappa (Dance), Fiore?. 

Bill Harley night- Karen DeRoche

·       Bill Harley will perform for families on April 25th at Dighton- Rehoboth high school.  Families need to reserve tickets ahead of time with the number that will be attending.  There is also ice cream social following performance.

Talent Show- Erin Baer

·       Both shows are full.

·       The M.C. will be Sean.

·       There will be a rehearsal on May 4th, followed by the performances on May 5th.

·       Lori Rossi is finding cost effective, nut free ice cream options for the night.

Boosterthon- Susan Bogosian

·       There will be a meeting for Boosterthon for the end of the month.

Available Positions-Karen De Roche

·       The following positions are available for next year; Vice President for Beckwith, Spirit Wear, Treasurer,  and Box Tops which Holly Kucinski will take over. It is the end of Karen’s term but she will stay on as President as needed.

Medeiros family- Jennifer Moitoso

·       A donation bucket was set up during the 3 plays for Shane and Mackenzie Medeiros family whom recently lost their father.  $1500.00 was earned at Beckwith Dress Down along with $880.00 from families attending the Peter Pan performances and $330 in gift cards from staff at Palmer River. Thank you to everyone for their support.

 

A motion to adjourn meeting was unanimously accepted a 7:20

March 2017 minutes

posted Aug 6, 2017, 2:20 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth PTSA

3/7/2017 6:40 PM | Meeting called to order by Karen DeRoche

Approval of Minutes

The minutes from the February, 2017 meeting were read and approved.

 

Principal’s Report

Mrs. Dubois gave Palmer River report.

·       Thanked PTSA for Book Fair.

·       Fourth graders were visited from the New Bedford Symphony for a unit with culmination at the Zieterion theatre.

·       School lock down was practiced this month, including Get Safe and sit, which involves students sitting with their teacher.  Support was provided by the Rehoboth Police.

·       Sparky’s puppets performed for the kindergarten.

·       Bren Bataclan will paint a Steam inspired theme with the fourth graders.

·       Len Cabral shared some story telling.

·       Sunday April 9th, will be a Bruins Hockey night.  Palmer River students will sing the anthem.

Mr.Pirraglia gave Beckwith Middle School Report.

·       Kevin Robinson performed for the whole school, promoting attributes such as kindness and team work.

·       March is middle school appreciation month.  Teachers share what they appreciate about the kids along with pictures of themselves in middle school.  Kids share what they want adults to know. 

·       Upcoming activities include: spirit week with international day, Blue and white day, and teacher versus student’s basketball game. Other events are Peter Pan Jr. on 3/24, 3/25 and 3/26, the Steamposium on 3/25, project 351’s clothing drive on 3/27 and the MCAS on 4/3.

·       The Robotic team has several fundraisers including a Lion’s Club donation of $600, a gift card raffle, a Chili’s night, a Ronin Jijitsu class offering and a Stop and Shop table.

Budget

Erin Baer gave the treasurer’s report.

·       Budget Activity includes Palmer River Valentines for teacher appreciation, auction postage, Hillside deposit and enrichment of K-Rob and Len Cabral from Beckwith and Palmer River.

·       Other incoming activity included $85.00 from Amazon smile.

·       Check request for invoices need to be filled out to show where they are coming from.

 

Committee Reports

Auction- Susan Bogosian

·       Auction is moving along with collection of basket tonight and set up tomorrow.

Book Fair-Nancy Breault

·       Book fair earnings were in the 10,000 range, which was slightly less than last year.

Box Tops-Tina

·       Box Tops not going as well.  Kids are not bringing in as many.

·       Mrs. Dubois said previous money earned from this was used to purchase the carts which store the Chrome Books.

·       Entries are due in November and March.

·       A new person is needed for this position.

 

Announcements

·       A Steamposium will be held March 25th from 10-2.  This is a family event to be held at the high school.

·       Rehoboth PTSA has been recognized for Just Join Drive to boost membership.

·       Susan also nominated Mrs.Miguel and Mrs.DuBois for outstanding principal and assistant principal of the year.  This will be recognized at the state PTA banquet.

·       This year the Rehoboth PTSA should have 5 voting members at the state convention.

·       Jennifer Moitoso shared possible dates of May 22 to 26 for Beckwith Bookfair.

·       Susan Bogosian and Mr.Pirraglia shared possibilities for finding a relevant speaker for the seventh and eighth grade students.

·       Nancy Breault asked for a letter to send to members regarding open positions for next year, which include

Palmer River Book Fair, teacher appreciation luncheon and Box Tops in addition to any others

Motion to Adjourn

Motion to adjourn was made at 7:15 and accepted.

PTSA May Minutes

posted Jul 21, 2017, 5:44 AM by Rehoboth PTSA

 

Rehoboth PTSA Minutes May10 2017

 

The minutes were read from April 2017 meeting and approved.

Principal’s Report

Karen DeRoche noted that principal/vice principal of Palmer River will not be in attendance as special presentation for Educator of the Year honoring Dr. Azar and Mrs. Kennon is being held that same night.  An update was sent from Mrs. Dubois to be read.

Beckwith Middle School Mr.Pirraglia

·       As of tomorrow all Math and ELA MCAS will be finished followed by science the next week.  The change to taking test on computer has worked out well.

·       Daniel DeRoche was principal of day before April Vacation.

·       April was Autism awareness month.

·       Students raised money for American Heart Association, Autism Awareness, and Boston Strong.

·       Over $1,000 was raised for the Rehoboth Food Pantry by participating in a readathon.

·       Book Fair is set for the week of the 22nd.  A summer reading list will be supplied at this time.

·       A debate meet with Berkley Middle School was held.

·       A chorus concert is set for June 5th.

·       The Band concert for June 8th has been moved to June 12th.

Guest Presentation

Arts in the Village- Carolyn Panofsky

·       This organization has been in Rehoboth for 28 years and may have available workshops for students.

·       A concert season is held every year and operates as part of nonprofit antiquarian society.

·       Organization is operated by volunteers.  An artistic director finds groups to be scheduled on calendar

·       Tickets sold along with Rehoboth Cultural Grant money helps run events.

·       The New Haven String quartet is offering workshops to be held in school or after school for 3rd , 4th and fifth graders.  One example is Musical Petting Zoo.

·       Carolyn has handout about costs and possibilities for funding event.

·       There are hopes the children would get excited about events and bring parents to concerts at Goff Hall. Bringing Kids and families to the concert would help broaden audience and give children more of a chance to explore music.

Treasurer’s Report- Erin Baer

·       Erin went over monthly account noting pending donation from restaurant of month, additions from membership dues and costs of Beckwith Basketball hoops coming in lower than expected.  See handout.

Committee Reports

Erin Baer- Talent Show

·       The talent show had 14 and 15 acts which the Kids did a great job on.

·       Sean Urban was MC.

·       Evan Dwyer, a college student and graduate of DR worked on the audio and sound.

·       Ice Cream for Sundaes was from Bliss Dairy; the Sundaes were a hit.

·       Laura Simon and Erin are hoping to pass on chair position of this event for next year.

 

Susan Bogosian- Boosterthon

·       June 8th is date of Boosterthon.  Paperwork for it will go out on May 3oth, 31st and rally will be held on May 31st.

·       Mr.Pirraglia inquired times of field use because forms would have to be filed. The field will be from 7 until 4.   The event will not require any more parent volunteers.

Beckwith Book Fair-Jenn Moitoso

·       Book Fair will be held May 22nd through May 26th, with set up on Friday the 19th. 

·       The first day will be mostly to preview books.  Students can attend 10:15 to 1:15.  There will be no after school hours.

Other Business

Fourth Grade Step up Picnic.

Member asked about possibility of 4th grade picnic to be coordinated with Step up Day, including Hamburgers and Hot dogs and disc jockey.  Mr.Pirraglia provided schedule and setup for day which included snack at Beckwith with children being split into groups and touring 6 different spaces in the school.  They would meet up with 5th grade buddy for snack. 

Elections

Elizabeth McCann inquired about election process.  There would be several positions with 2 candidates and nominees can make speeches before vote.

Thank you

Mr. Pirraglia thanks PTSA for helping putting teacher luncheon together.  The raffles and basket for the principal were awesome.

A motion to adjourn was made at 7:15 and unanimously passed.

 

 

February 2017 Minutes

posted Mar 30, 2017, 12:12 PM by Rehoboth PTSA

Rehoboth PTSA Minutes

February 8, 2017                   

The meeting was called to order at 6:35PM by Karen DeRoche.

Approval of Minutes

The minutes were read from the January 11, 2017, meeting and approved.

Principal’s Report-Mrs.Miguel

·       Brett Bataclan is scheduled on March 27th for 4th grade.

·       Support is appreciated for children’s enrichment programs including the ballet, symphony, Museum of Science and author visits.

·       The teachers are adopting a new reading program which hopefully budget will support.   Reading programs should be switched every 5 years and the current one is 8 to 10 years old. Teachers are enriching program with trade books to use with Common Core.

Mr.Pirraglia

·       On January 14th, the robotics team competed, and out of 40 teams, team Furocious was invited to the University of Arkansas Competition, which is international.  If able, students will visit and stay on the campus to participate in competition.

·       On January 27th there was a math team meet.

·       On January 7th there was Geography Bee where 7th graders Ryan Gallagher and Julian Souza participated.

·       Miss Fuletra the art teacher has students participating in the Smarts Art Show where work will be displayed at the Fuller Craft Museum.

·       The fifth graders received a letter with pictures back from Barack Obama in reply to one they had sent.

·       3 performances of Peter Pan will take place on March 24th and25th..

·       Kevin Robinson, a champion BMX biker will make presentations on Wednesday, 2/15/17, at 8:15 and 9:15am.

·       Susan Bogosian questioned if there were any decisions made on future presentations suggesting to look at links on National PTSA website.

Treasurer’s Report- Erin Baer

·       Money for Good Welfare was used for Police and Fire Department gifts.

·       Money from Enrichment was used to pay for Storyteller Cabral and down payment to Brent Bataclan. 

Money from dance and boy’s choice will be transferred to Family Fun Nights.

·       Money was used to purchase ribbons for Reflections. 

·       Money which was overpaid to Spirit Wear was received back.

Committee Reports-

Auction- Susan Bogosian

·       Solicitation letters will be sent out in 2 weeks looking for donations.

·       A flyer went out today to both Palmer River and Beckwith.

·       Help is needed with calls and follow up in addition to contributing to class room baskets.

Book Fair- Traci Cady

·       Book fair will be held the week after vacation, including a preview day and a night open to parents.

·       .There is an online sign up for volunteers.

·       Jennifer Moitoso noted that Beckwith Book fair will be held on the 1st week of May.

USA Skates Night- Nancy Breault

·       150 skaters attended with many more not skating.  $158.00 was made at this event.

Reflections

·       Mrs. Dubois could not be present but passed on information that ribbons of excellence were awarded.  The next step will be to proceed to State level.  Entries are on display outside of library for viewing.  She wished to send thanks for assistance and participation.

Talent Show – Erin Baer

·       The talent show is scheduled for May 5th which is Friday.

·       There are hopes that Doug Kelley will MC but we might need to proceed without him.

·       It will be held at Beckwith this year.

·       We are trying to reach Evan Dwyer to provide audio.

Dance Proposal- Valerie Carey

·       Karen DeRoche noted several groups were working on a solution.  The Board has looked over this one and is supportive.

·       Dates are set on Saturday nights so they don’t interfere. Mrs. Miguel commended those who put this proposal together.  She noted this was affordable, fun, grade appropriate.  Thank you.

·       Jennifer Moitoso was looking into how 50/50 split would work with $12.00 admission and $2.00 attributed to food.  Karen DeRoche noted that raising money is not priority with event, but helpful because it will offset money taken away from auction because of scheduled dates.

·       Valerie said dates were chosen because of availability but will look into April15th which is close to Easter. A deposit will not be required.  Flyers will address financial hardship concerns can be addressed to Mrs. Miguel and will be deducted from event proceeds. Tickets are paid for at the door. They do need volunteers on March 25th. A logo is needed to be used in the photo booth.

·       Susan asked if there is dress code for flyer with final approval.  While it could be casual, party wear was suggested.

Other Business-Mr.Pirraglia

·       He would like to discuss with executive board and Mr. Kenney about raising money for Robotics trip travel costs.  A raffle for the Stem Symposium was an example.  Suggestions mentioned were Lolli pop sales or creating Go Fund Me page. Jennifer Moitoso noted that success with this was less likely because of so many people using it. 

Elizabeth McCann-Auction Baskets

·       Elizabeth asked about when the requests for classroom auction baskets would be going out which was determined to be this week.

A motion to Adjourn at 7:05was made and approved.

 

 

1-10 of 27