What is the end result of your work on this subgroup? i.e. grid of programs, B&I industry statement, background information, research results, etc.
The Transcription Credit workgroup acknowledges that the WTCS currently maintains a listing of the courses that have been articulated for advance placement or transcripted credit across all districts. A list of the Career Prep (formerly Tech Prep) coordinators is also maintained by the WTCS. The workgroup determined that there is value in identifying barriers and best practices to working with highschools, parents, students and other stakeholders to improve the process and overall value of transcripted and advanced placement credits for the WTCS. view at: http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/Instruction/Tech-Prep/tech-prep.htm
The following objectives were identified:
1) What barriers are there for districts, highschools and 4 year institutions to putting agreements in place?
2) Would it be appropriate for the BMIT Advisory Committee to promote better communiticatio between the districts, highschools and other stakeholders (administrators, instructors, students and parents)?
3) What percent of the Career Prep Coordinator at each district is devoted to facilitating transcripted or advance placement credit agreements?
4) What are the best practices of districts working with high schools, what has worked and what has been a struggle?
5) What data is there to evaluate the cost effectiveness or benefits of transcripted credits? Do we track the number of students per credit if they enroll in a WTCS program? Do we track how many students go to a 2 year vs. 4 year program? How do parents know about available transcripted credit and are they involved in the student's enrollment in courses?
What resources are needed to make this result happen? i.e. websites, trade journals, persons, survey, etc.
The WTCS maintains general information about transcripted agreements at http://systemattic.wtcsystem.edu/Instruction/Tech-Prep/tech-prep.htm. In additon the BMIT may want to invite Anne Westrich from the WTCS to share information on what resources exist at the WTCS Office and one or two Career Prep Coordinators to share their perspective about the challenges.
Complete the “Next Steps” grid below (or next page) to show action steps, responsibilities, and timelines for your work.