Hannibal School District 60

The Hannibal School District would like to thank you for taking an interest in becoming a substitute teacher.

Please take a moment to browse our site and read the instructions here on how to sign up to become a sub in our district.


You may have received a letter from the sub secretary recently regarding the renewal of your substitute certificate.  Please read the instructions below from the DESE website.  You may also call the Board Office at (573) 221-1258.

If you need to renew your substitute certificate

Applications to renew a substitute certificate should be submitted no sooner than 30-90 days prior to the expiration date of the current substitute certificate. (This date can be found by logging into your profile, or it will be in the letter provided by the sub secretary.)

1.    Log into your profile in the certification system.  Once you are logged in, click on the Substitute application located in the menu to the left of your profile screen.

2.    Complete and submit the application.

3.    Transcripts must be submitted if not currently on file with the department.  To determine if your transcripts are currently on file, log into your certification account.  Click on the education link located in the menu to the left of your profile screen.  Transcripts must show that they have been received.

4.    A new criminal fingerprint/background clearance will be required if you have not been employed as a substitute teacher during the current school year. (Please contact the sub secretary for help registering for a background check and to the find the closest fingerprinting location.)

Please be aware there is a cost to renew your certificate.  The fee is $50.  This must be paid online at the time of renewal.

You need to view or print your certificate

You will need to log on to DESE Web Applications with your user id and password.  Once you have access to your profile page, the Certificate Status link is located in the Menu to the left.  By clicking on Certificate Status, you will see the box that says View Substitute Certificate.  You will then be able to view and print your substitute certificate. (Your sub secretary will need a copy of this new certificate.  This can be emailed, mailed or dropped off at the Board Office.)

US Holidays