Rome 5-7 February 2014
Keynote Speaker information has been posted, please visit the conference program page
The 3rd edition of the Symposium on Network Cloud Computing and Applications, to be held in Rome on February 5-7 2014, builds on the success of the 2011 and 2012 editions. The conference is devoted to promoting the diffusion of research results in the area of networked applications and cloud computing. The perspective of the conference is oriented to the study of how distributed applications and distributed platforms, or even their support, can be designed or reshuffled and/or optimized in order to take full advantage from cloud technologies. The conference focuses on both architecture/protocol design and quantitative studies and assessments.
Core topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following ones:
- Distributed infrastructures; - Distributed composite services;
- Kernel-exchange modules; - Application exchange modules;
- Basic services; - Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) for Cloud Computing
- Dynamic instantiation; - Vertically scaling platforms;
- Dynamic composition; - Self-managing platforms;
- Dynamic configuration; - Dynamic reconfiguration of services;
- Horizontally scaling platforms; - Self-Healing Cloud computing platforms;
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
for Cloud Computing
Security of Cloud Computing Platforms
- Self-protecting platforms;
- Increasing resilience against Cyber attacks of Software as a Service (SaaS);
- Increasing resilience against Cyber attacks of Platforms as a Service (PaaS);
- Increasing resilience against Syber attacks of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS);
Cloud Computing Applications
- E-Commerce, Media processing and Streaming search engines, Development and testing,
Web hosting, Application hosting, Collaboration tools, Store and share, Social networking for
businesses and web applications, Bio-informatics, Biomedical applications, Scientific computing.
All manuscripts must be written in English. Several categories of papers are considered:
For each accepted paper or fast abstract or poster/work-in-progress, at last one author must register and attend to the conference.
All the submissions must describe original unpublished research. All accepted papers or fast abstracts will be published by Conference Publishing Services. Please prepare the final version of the manuscript to be submitted using the templates available here (except for posters, which can be formatted according to any rule). Manuscripts must be submitted in PDF format electronically via the EasyChair system.