Elementary Counselor's Corner
April is Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Month, a time to act collectively to raise awareness and empower people across the nation to play a role in helping children.
Everyone can play a role in supporting families in order to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Examples of Child Abuse: Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse, & Trafficking
Examples Neglect: Neglectful Supervision, Medical Neglect, Physical Neglect, Abandonment and Refusal to Accept Parent Responsibility
If you find the need to report Child Abuse
Call the Texas Abuse Hotline at: 1-800-252-5400
Or report online: https://www.txabusehotline.org/Login/Default.aspx
Questions that you will answer to the best of your knowledge: (Child Abuse Reports may be reported anonymously)
· What is the child's name, age and address?
· What is your relationship to the child?
· What is the suspected abuser's name, address, and license plate number? What is his or her relationship to the child?
· What are the names, addresses and phone numbers of the child's parents?
· What type of abuse do you suspect? What are your reasons for suspecting it? When did it occur?
· What is the current location of the child?
· What is the child's current level of safety?
· Are there other witnesses? What are their names, addresses and telephone numbers?