La Quinta Middle
78-900 Avenue 50 La Quinta CA 92253 (760) 777-4220 Principal Dan Borgen
LQMS Earns National Recognition for "start with hello week" activities
LQMS Football team wins championship title
- Tuesdays are late start days. Gates open at 8:00 A.M.
- STEM Spirit Shirts are on sale everyday at the ASB Student Store for $10
- LQMS hoodies are on sale for $20
- School holiday on January 21: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- First semester ends January 24
- No School on Friday, January 25: Staff Development Day
- First basketball game is February 5th at DRA
LQMS Wins title
Congratulations to Coach Eelkema and the LQMS football team for their win against Palm Desert Charter in the championship game on December 6. LQMS is proud of our Bulldog Champions!
Attention LQMS Families: Please read this for Important MiFi Information.
There will be a parent information meeting for anyone believing they need a MiFi device. The meeting will take place on Oct. 29 at 6:30 p.m. at the District Office -DEC North. Please attend this meeting if you need MiFi device for your child to access the internet at home.
- Anyone with home WiFi will not be issued a MiFi.
- If you do not have home WiFi, you can check out a device starting Nov. 1st.
- Parents must visit the school library to check out a device during regular school hours.
- Devices will not be checked out to students directly.
- Parents will have to sign a statement verifying that they do not have home WiFi
- TECHNOLOGY DEPT. WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTING MIFI DEVICES AT THIS MEETING. This is an informational meeting only.
USEFUL LINKS FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Prepay Student Meals
- School Supply List
- Bell Schedules
- StudentVue (view student grades)
- Anonymous Bully Reporting
- DSUSD School Calendar - 2018-2019 (holidays)
- DSUSD Webpage
- DSUSD Tutor List
- Parent Volunteer Form
- 8th Grade Privileges Contract
- LQMS Dress Code
- Parent Information- Common Core Assessments
- FAX: (760) 393-5705
Start with helloStart with Hello! LQMS students participated in a variety of activities during Start with Hello Week. This program enables students to make a difference with their peers in a simple, fun, and impactful way by encouraging them to take small but powerful actions to promote connectedness and inclusion, and to identify and help others who are showing signs of social isolation. LQMS students and staff have pledged to maintain "Start with Hello" practices throughout the school year.
At LQMS - STEM Academy students are empowered with the knowledge and skills to be successful in college and/or careers.
As a STEM school, LQMS students will not only improve their skills in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, but will also experience learning that will improve their ability to problem solve, think creatively, collaborate with others and communicate their knowledge.
As the program at LQMS - STEM Academy grows, students will begin to see the integrated nature of learning and find themselves equipped with skills to think critically through difficult tasks.