Welcome back to school! We got off to a great start! Many teachers are trying new technical tools to enhance student learning. Parents, please be sure to communicate with teachers if you are unsure of what is expected of your child either in class or at home. We are looking forward to a wonderful year, filled with new experiences for your students as we prepare them for success in the 21st century.
Here is a link to a blog regarding "struggling learners." The idea is that all students should struggle when they learn. Please, take a look at it.
All Students Should be Struggling Learners
Ms. Cook, Principal
Tweets by @lqprincipal
Tweets by @lqblackhawks
LQHS Activity Calendar
Due to many inquiries, we will post the dress code on this front page through the first week of school.
School officials will determine what constitutes a dress code violation. Violators may be required to call home for a change clothes or use school issued clothing as loaners. A second violation will result in After School Detention. Additional violations may result in suspension from school. Clothing that displays lewd, obscene, vulgar, promotes violence, or offensive
statements or pictures are not permitted. Clothing should be in good taste neat, clean, modest, and decent.
Please note the following:
● Bare midriff may not be exposed. The test for this is to raise your hands above your head, if your midriff is not shown, then the shirt is ok.
● No bare backs, tube tops, or halter tops.
● All tops and dresses must connect front to back over both shoulders.
● Straps for all shirts must be at least an inch in width.
● All clothing is to be worn appropriately and may not expose any part of the
undergarments or body parts.
● No see through, fish net type clothing or low cut plunging neck lines.
● Shorts or skirts may not be shorter than mid thigh. The test for this: with your extended arm down your leg, your thumbnail must be touching the fabric of your shorts or skirt. Buttocks and other body parts may not be exposed.
● P.E. uniforms may only be worn in P.E. class.
● Unsafe clothing accessories will not be allowed (chains)
● No oversize clothing, belts that hang, wallet chains, or clothes that sag,
● Ragged or torn garments may be worn as long as the thumbnail requirement is met.
● No head coverings such as hair nets, dorags, or bandannas may be worn or exposed.
● Hoods may not be worn in the classroom.
● Approved hats may only be worn outside of buildings (worn forward only).
● No initialized, marijuana leaf, or belt buckles shaped as weapons may be worn.
● Nothing can be worn that obscures the identity of the student e.g. face paint, head and face covering, hair styles, or costumes.
● Clothing may not identify a student as a member of any organization that is not either approved of or recognized by the school.
● Clothing may not be customized or identify the wearer as living or belonging to a particular part of town or group.
● Clothing may not depict advertisements for alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug use in any form or have pictures of naked men or women on them. (if the person shown on the shirt does not abide by dress code, then it cannot be worn)
● Numbers deemed inappropriate such as 13, 69, 187, or 420 may not be written on personal property or worn on clothing.
● All footwear must be safe, no steel toes, taps, rollers, slide shoes or bedroom slippers