School Site Council Meeting- Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2016 @ 3:45 in the office.
DRA is now hiring Noon Yard Supervisors. Pay rate is $9.49 per hour 1.5 hrs daily or 7.5 hrs a week (if you work 5 days of week). If you are interested, please contact Lucy Lara ph: 760.393.5500 or email:email@example.com.
Follow Mrs. Wood on Twitter: https://twitter.com/4UatDRA
Time is running out to complete the lunch applications before the 30 day grace period ends. Parents must complete the application every year.
Report an Absence
To report an absence:
You may report an absence by sending an email to
Karen Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
The email must come from parent's email account. No emails from student email accounts will be accepted
Subject Line: Student's name
Or you may call:
Press 1 to report absence
Week 4 - Sept. 19-23 - Reminders
We are off to a great start at DRA! Thank you!!
Here are a few reminders as we begin week four:
* Please check your child's backpack and HAC (Home Access Center) on a regular basis. These two things will help you stay informed about school activities and your child's progress.
* Please take time to review our Dress Code Policy in our Student Handbook. Our Handbook can be found on our website. It is available in English and Spanish.
* Students are not allowed to wear athletic shorts or pants to school. In addition, leggings, jeggings, and tights are not allowed unless worn under shorts, skirts, or dresses.
*Students are expected and required to wear the school issued lanyard and ID at all times. Students must wear their DRA issued lanyard.
*Students will receive disciplinary consequences for any form physical aggression. This includes hitting, pushing, tripping, and “pantsing”. The excuse of “I was just playing” does not excuse behaviors. In addition, students are not allowed to play games that involve tackling, tripping, and/or shoving. Student safety is a top priority!
* In most classes, students are using Chromebooks for class work. Teachers are encouraging students to bring personal earbuds to use during class.
* Teachers will be completing the first round of Progress Reports next week. Please remember that the school year recently started and teachers might not have a lot in grade books yet; as the quarter progresses, grades will change so please check Home Access Center on a regular basis.
Thank you! Have a great week!
online application. If you need assistance, feel free to contact Lucy Lara or Reina Gonzalez at 760.393.5500. We greatly appreciate your service to our DRA community! Thank you! Volunteer Application: Click here
Thanks for visiting our website!
Come back soon!
Last updated: 15 Sept. 2016
SCHOOL COLORS: Royal Blue, Gold, Orange
Happy 50th Anniversary, DSUSD!
It's time to celebrate!
Mark you calendars:
More information and flyers to come:
Tickets will soon be available for the Thursday, November 17 party at Coachella Valley Historical Museum. The event will begin at and will be an evening celebration of the 50 year milestone. Refreshments are being created and served by LQHS culinary arts and entertainment provided by Palm Desert Charter Middle School Jazz Band. There will be much more! Mark you calendars!
Sunday, November 20 will be a FREE Community Day at the Coachella Valley Historical Museum. It will be all about education and the history of DSUSD. The event will run from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Announcement: The Celebration Committee needs your help: If you have photos of your time in a Desert Sands school from the 1960s, ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s, please email photos to Mary.Perry@DesertSands.us