Home‎ > ‎

History

            The Dr. Cecilio Putong National High School is the premier public secondary school in Bohol, which was founded in 1905.  The first teachers of the school were Americans called the Thomasites and one Filipino teacher, Dr. Cecilio K. Putong, who later became a Secretary of Education in the country.

            It was originally named Bohol High School and later, Bohol Provincial High School.  By virtue of Presidential Decree No. 1050 emancipating the school from the provincial roll, it became Bohol National High School in 1977.  It was finally renamed to what it is known today with the passage into law of Republic Act No. 8016 on May 25, 1995 - a fitting tribute to an illustrious alumnus.

Comments