Welcome!

Denver Academy has a history of serving diverse learners for over 40 years. In 2000, we moved to a new campus at 4400 E. Iliff Avenue in Denver. Prior to 2000, our campus was owned by the Bethesda Foundation. Bethesda first opened its doors in Denver in 1910 with the purpose of utilizing the dry air and warm sunshine of Colorado to treat patients from around the globe suffering from tuberculosis or asthma. With the advent of better medication and surgery, the need for a tuberculosis hospital waned and Bethesda became a mental health facility, finally closing in 1993.

To see original, full-length interviews of people who were very involved with Bethesda's history, go here.





Comments