Welcome to the Del Norte High School Counseling Office
Sally Roy, Counselor for juniors and seniors
Melisa Monteon, Counselor for freshmen and sophomores
Doug Tippman, Counselor
Victor Valdez, Counselor
Diane Seward, Counselor Technician
Janet Dunham, Registrar
* The Del Norte Scholarship Foundation application filing period is over. The Dessert Social where the scholarships are announced is on June 4th at 6pm.
* College of the Redwoods, Del Norte, now has its summer and fall schedules available on WebAdvisor. The fall schedule is also available here.
* Seniors: If you have not submitted your FAFSA, please make an appointment to see Mrs. Roy. (The FAFSA is separate from the FAFSA PIN, which seniors obtained in US Gov or Econ classes.)
* Our seventh scholarship list is now posted on our Financial Aid & Scholarships page.
* Welcome back for 2013-14. As you can see above, we have had staffing changes as the result of grant funding. Ms. Monteon joined our staff fulltime. She is bilingual in Spanish and English. Mr. Tippman is available for families to assist with attendance issues, and for Special Education students' support. Ms. Her is at DNHS on Tuesdays and is available for extra support for Hmong families.
* Our student Bulletins will be mailed home with student progress grades. They are also posted on our Academic Information page.
* How much will your student's college cost? CNN Money has a cost calculator, and colleges are starting to post "Net Price and Cost Calculators" online. For more information, please see our Senior page.
* The 2013-14 Student Calendar is available on the DNCUSD website and at the link here.
* There are new rules for federal financial aid starting July 2012, including the requirement that first time college students must have a diploma or GED to qualify for federal financial aid. Also, there is now a cap on the number of college units a student may have and still receive financial aid. For more information, see the FAFSA website link here and more information on our Financial Aid & Scholarships page.
* The 2013-14 Student Handbook is posted on the Academic Information page.
* DNHS Grade Check Forms are available in the Counseling Office and are also now posted on our Forms page.
* California Student Aid Commission has issued the expected budget for college students in 2012-13. For more information, go to the Senior Page.
* The Warrior OT Tutoring Schedule is now available here and on our Academic Information page.
* Online CAHSEE study guide and released test questions are available at the California Dept of Education website. For more information, please go to our Academic Information page.
* Update: "Education Pays" flyer from US Dept of Labor is now on our Career & Vocational Training page
* Do you have questions or concerns about your student's schedule? Many problems can be cleared up quickly by emailing your student's Counselor (see email information on our "Contact Us" page). Please put your student's name in the email reference line.
* PE testing: 10th graders who did not pass at least 5 of the 6 tests last spring are enrolled in a PE class per SB 601. Please see "Academic Information" page for more information.
* Make sure your student has met the Dtap booster immunization requirement -- check the DNCUSD website for more information at www.delnorte.k12.ca.us
* Seniors may have an Early Assessment Score on their CST scores from the testing last May. The score sheets are mailed home during summer after junior year. For an explanation of what those scores mean, please see the "Senior Page" of our website.
Del Norte County High School Counseling Office
1301 El Dorado Street
Crescent City CA 95531
Phone: (707) 464-0293
Fax: (707) 465-6923
Welcome to the DNHS Counseling Office web page. We are adding new items on a regular basis. Please call us at (707) 464-0293 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
Links to documents and websites on our pages are indicated by blue text (and sometimes in light blue).
DNHS transcripts can be requested by submitting an Official Transcript Request Form (available on the Forms page) to the Registrar in the Counseling Office.
Beginning with Fall 2011, all 7th - 12th grade students must have proof of Tdap immunization after age 10 on file at their school. Students who have not provided proof of Tdap immunization after age 10 will not be allowed to attend school after September until it is provided to their school. Immunizations are available at Del Norte County Public Health Department. More information is available on these websites: Del Norte County Department of Public Health and the Del Norte County Unified School District.
Counseling Office Calendar
Counseling Office Calendar