Welcome to the Del Norte High School Counseling Office
Donna Lee, Counselor for freshmen
Sally Roy, Counselor for 10th-12th last names A-L
Victor Valdez, Counselor for 10th-12th last names M-Z
Danyelle Ramsey, Counselor Technician
Janet Dunham, Registrar
* Summer school applications are now available here. Due to construction, Summer School will be held at the College of the Redwoods and will begin Monday, June 20th and end Friday, July 15. Two sessions will be offered each day: Morning session will be 8:30 am to 11:30 am and Afternoon session will be 12pm to 3pm. Classes will be held Monday through Friday. Missing 3 classes will drop you from the course. Seniors and Juniors have priority. Applications are due to the Counseling Office by June 9th. Mrs. Roy will be near the Main Office at the College on June 20th to direct students to their assigned computer lab rooms.
* Would you like to receive news and Bulletins by email from the Counseling Office? If so, please click on this link here to sign up with your email address.
* The Del Norte Scholarship Foundation application period is now closed.
* Our 13th Scholarship List is now posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships page! Seniors - check it out!
* 2016-17 registration is wrapping up! DNHS Counselors went out to the middle schools and high school classes to register students in February and March. Registration forms were due March 7th for 8th graders and March 18th for high school students. Late forms will be accepted until April 8th. After that date we will select students' classes.
* AVID Night for incoming 9th graders for 2016-17 is March 2nd at 5:15pm (before 8th Grade Parent & Student Night) in room D-1. Come learn about the AVID program and all it has to offer!
* Juniors: college-bound juniors ( 4 year and community college) are encouraged to take the SAT this spring. Many scholarships require SAT scores, even for students planning to attend a community college. Fee waivers are available in the Counseling Office for students enrolled in the Free/Reduced Lunch program.
* Our last Financial Aid Night was December 17th. PowerPoints presented at Financial Aid Nights are available on our Financial Aid & Scholarships page in both English and Spanish.
* Seniors and a parent are encouraged to file a FAFSA for financial aid for vocational schools and college as soon as possible starting January 1st. If you come to our FAFSA Online Workshop, please bring the information listed on our Financial Aid & Scholarships page.
* Would you like to receive information from the Counseling Office by email? Please complete our Parent/Guardian Email Request form here.
* Is your student interested in being an exchange student? ASSE has an exchange program to Germany. More information is available in the Counseling Office.
* New ID process for FAFSA now required: The FAFSA now requires a Federal Student Aid ID (instead of a PIN number) to access the FAFSA. See the Financial Aid & Scholarships page for more information.
* A Powerpoint from 8th Grade Parent Nights is now available on our Academic Information page. 8th Grade Parent Nights are being held at middle schools through February 25th.
* College of the Redwoods, Del Norte, has a schedule for placement testing and New Student Orientation for students enrolling for the first time for Summer or Fall 2015. Please see the College Eligibility Page for the link. New students (graduating seniors) may register for classes starting April 20th.
* Our student Bulletins will be mailed home with student progress grades. They are also posted on our Academic Information page.
* How much will your student's college cost? CNN Money has a cost calculator, and colleges are starting to post "Net Price and Cost Calculators" online. For more information, please see our Senior page.
* The 2014-15 Student Calendar is available on the DNCUSD website and at the link here.
* There are new rules for federal financial aid starting July 2012, including the requirement that first time college students must have a diploma or GED to qualify for federal financial aid. Also, there is now a cap on the number of college units a student may have and still receive financial aid. For more information, see the FAFSA website link here and more information on our Financial Aid & Scholarships page.
* The 2013-14 Student Handbook is posted on the Academic Information page.
* DNHS Grade Check Forms are available in the Counseling Office and are also now posted on our Forms page.
* California Student Aid Commission has issued the expected budget for college students in 2012-13. For more information, go to the Senior Page.
* The Warrior OT Tutoring Schedule is now available here and on our Academic Information page.
* Update: "Education Pays" flyer from US Dept of Labor is now on our Career & Vocational Training page
* Do you have questions or concerns about your student's schedule? Many problems can be cleared up quickly by emailing your student's Counselor (see email information on our "Contact Us" page). Please put your student's name in the email reference line.
* PE testing: 10th graders who did not pass at least 5 of the 6 tests last spring are enrolled in a PE class per SB 601. Please see "Academic Information" page for more information.
* Make sure your student has met the Dtap booster immunization requirement -- check the DNCUSD website for more information at www.delnorte.k12.ca.us
* Seniors may have an Early Assessment Score on their CST scores from the testing last May. The score sheets are mailed home during summer after junior year. For an explanation of what those scores mean, please see the "Senior Page" of our website.
Welcome to the DNHS Counseling Office web page. We are adding new items on a regular basis. Please call us at (707) 464-0293 if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
Links to documents and websites on our pages are indicated by blue text (and sometimes in light blue).
DNHS transcripts can be requested by submitting an Official Transcript Request Form (available on the Forms page) to the Registrar in the Counseling Office.
Beginning with Fall 2011, all 7th - 12th grade students must have proof of Tdap immunization after age 10 on file at their school. Students who have not provided proof of Tdap immunization after age 10 will not be allowed to attend school after September until it is provided to their school. Immunizations are available at Del Norte County Public Health Department. More information is available on these websites: Del Norte County Department of Public Health and the Del Norte County Unified School District.
Counseling Office Calendar
Counseling Office Calendar