De La Salle is a Professional Learning Community, and as a PLC, we are committed to ensuring high levels of learning for ALL students. The role of the RTI (Response to Intervention) team is to provide the extra time and support some students may need to master the essentials. The RTI team has seven members, all full-time faculty members. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
The RTI team provides support through several programs.
Programs which mainly target freshmen are
- The FAST program (Future Achievement Starts Today) targets incoming freshmen we believe will benefit from extra support to enable them to soar academically.
- AIP (After-school Intervention Program) meets 4 days per week and is required for all FAST students. A few other students will also be permitted to participate.
- The Principles of Literacy class helps students read with greater comprehension. Many FAST students are required to take this class.
- The FAST / Literacy Summer Workshop is required of students in the FAST program or the Principles of Literacy class.
- Phonics support will be required of students with a demonstrated deficiency.
- Math support will be required for select students twice weekly after school.
Programs which support students in all grades:
- The SAIL program (Student Academic Intervention for Learning) provides support to all students who need some extra help or extra time to master the essentials.
- Student who are on Academic Probation are automatically assigned to SAIL.
- International students from non-English speaking countries will be enrolled in English as a Second Language and will also be assigned to SAIL until they have a demonstrated capability to function independently.