Minutes from November 1, 2011 Meeting
In attendance: Kellie Bowden and son, Reed, Amanda Coleman, Christy Davis, Beth Handley, Beth Jarvis, Karen Jellison, Kristi Kelshaw, Cyndi Kuhn, Kathy Lawson, Emily Thompson
Meeting called to order 6:35
Motion to approve minutes as read from October meeting made by Amanda, second Cyndi
Savings - 3868.91
Checking - 2416.51
Total - 6285.42
Square 1 finished with an earned total of 4697.75 , making our profit 1878.00.
Yard sale earned 260.00, with additional deposits to be made.
Rada knives earned 150.00
Schoolstore.com earned 618.12
General Mills earned 10.00
Requests for funds:
1. A representative from the middle school dance committee was in attendance to request assistance from the PTF for the Middle School winter dance. Some suggestions included a theme, decorations, photo booth, DJ, and refreshments. Possible dates are December 2, and16.
PTF workshop date for those interested in planning is Monday, November 7 at 6:30. Student council and dance committee will be present.
2. Mrs. Christie requested funds in the amount of 1140.00 for school play. Motion to approve full amount made by Amanda Coleman and second Karen Jellison.
3. Laurie Beal requested funds in the amount of 90.00 for GOTCHA! Program.
- Request made to post PTF minutes online. Cyndi Kuhn will meet with Mrs. Lawson to set up how the minutes will be posted on the school’s website. A paper copy will also be displayed in the glass case in the front hall. The minutes can also be shared on the Dedham School PTF facebook page.
- Discussed strategies for unforeseen cancellation procedures, as a result of our Halloween Pot Luck* event confusion. Suggestions included: TV/ Radio communication, phone message on the school’s answering machine, use of website, and a call chain to every parent.
Cyndi Kuhn will contact Amy Call, the volunteer coordinator and try to establish one parent volunteer from each grade level to organize a phone chain for their class, in the event of an unforeseen emergency or cancellation.
*Mr. Christie won the Halloween door decorating event. Prize 25.00 gift card.
- Family Zumba has been rescheduled from November 6 to a later date in January, to be determined.
- Kristi Kelshaw is in possession of the PTF deposit stamp
- Savings bonds have been purchased for last year’s eighth grade awardees
- Brainstormed fundraiser ideas. Beth Jarvis shared a successful discount card fundraiser that has met with success in the past. Local businesses agree to a discount of some sort which is published on a card and the card is sold to members of the community to take advantage of the discount.
A workshop date for planning is set for Monday, November 7 at 6:30. Kristi Kelshaw agreed to write up a notice in this week’s newsletter home to parents to generate interest and possible contacts with local businesses.
A planning meeting for a Winter Carnival is also set for Monday, November 7 at 6:30. Many ideas were shared and much participation is needed for the planning stages. Ideas shared include: chili cook off, bake sale, 50/50 raffle, snow sculpture contest, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, sledding, and a basket raffle.
- Our current list of people heading redemption programs:
Hannaford - Allison Wakeland
BoxTops - Heidi Fish and Emily Thompson
Campbell’s - Emily Cambria
Meeting adjourned 7:35.
Next meeting is December 6th at 6:30 p.m.