Culinary Arts 4 Kidz
Q4 Creative Sewing
Q4-Bring to class each day:
All of your sewing supplies:
1. Your personal pair of fabric scissors labeled with your name
4. filled water bottle (water only!) labeled with your first and last name
5. your laptop
(working safely with knives)
Homemade red sauce
with protein and colorful fresh steamed veggies!
Homemade cakes, icing and chocolate designs!
Homemade yeast breads!
Date: End of Quarter
Student performance attire for
Cook Off event:
white long or short sleeve dress shirt/blouse
Black pants or skirt
Red or black bow tie, dress tie, or silk flower
white gloves ( provided for you!)
black non skid low heeled shoe
Hair up, behind and off shoulders
"Chefs in the Making" CREATIONS!
Thank you Colorado Beef Council for the grant money you award us with each year to help make beautiful dishes with quality beef products like these!
Understanding Impacts Creative Outcomes
TEAMWORK makes the DREAM WORK!
"Every Minute Matters!" "Think Outside the Basics!"
Class Outcome:Safely grow towards becoming responsible, productive individuals and leaders through decisions made and actions taken.
21st Century Skill: Resiliency
Sees persistence as a way to accomplish goals and has the strength and courage to face challenges.
Embraces risk-taking and failure as a part of the process of growth.
View this article featured in the DCSD NEWSLINE
(copy/paste the link)https://www.dcsdk12.org/fashion-show-to-showcase-creativity-collaboration-of-cresthill-students
How it All Began
Essential Guiding Questions
To what extent do culinary artists have a responsibility to their audience?
· What are your thoughts regarding safety and sanitation in the kitchen?
· Why and for whom am I cooking?
· Should we alter recipes?
· How should understanding the knowledge of ingredients affect our preparation and cooking?
· What is the significance of plate presentation?
· How does Communication, Collaboration, Creativity and the ability to think
critically, play a role in the world of Culinary Arts?
........Featured in the Denver Post......
"Culinary COOK OFF "
(Photos by John Leyba/The Denver Post)