Platte River Academy
4085 Lark Sparrow Street
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
August 10, 2011
Dear Parent/Guardian and Student,
Welcome to Middle School Math; this year we will be using Saxon Math Course Two (seventh grade) and Course Three (pre-algebra). College Preparatory Mathematics (CPM) will be used for Algebra I. My goal is to give students a love of math while meeting their demands as learners.
Please make sure that your child has the following supplies for class –
· A sturdy 3-ring binder with dividers
· Loose-leaf paper
· Graph paper
· Black or blue ink pens
· A ruler and protractor
Grading policy – Tests/Quizzes – 75%
Homework – 25%
Middle School Policy –
· Come to class prepared with appropriate materials and be punctual.
· Students should not expect to visit lockers or use the restroom during regular class time.
· To receive full credit for homework, it must be ready at the beginning of class and should be neat and legible. For each day that homework is missing, the student will receive a letter grade lower on the assignment (excluding excused absences). A grade of zero will be entered until the work is submitted.
· Students will be allowed one chance to redo homework assignments with for a maximum grade of 90%, all homework redo’s must be turned in on a separate sheet of paper with the original attached identifying all mistakes. Corrected problems must show work.
· Students must follow all rules set forth in the Platte River Academy Family Handbook.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. The best way to reach me is through my email. Under normal circumstances I will be available in my room for extra help before school at 7:30 a.m. and after school until 4 p.m. Typically, students will have homework Monday through Thursday nights with quizzes or tests on Fridays.
I am looking forward to a successful year.