Open Enrollment/ Intent to Return or Remain
INTENT TO RETURN
Students open enrolled in a school of choice, or attending a charter school, who wish to return to Cimarron, their neighborhood school, for the 2019 - 2020 school year, must submit a Notice of Intent to Return form to the Registrar by January 07, 2019. If the form is not received by this date, you will need to open enroll to return.
INTENT TO REMAIN
Students who continue to reside in Douglas County (and still within DCSD) but have moved out of the attendance boundaries of Cimarron, and wish to remain, must submit a Notice of Intent to Remain form to the Registrar. These students DO NOT need to open enroll.
Families who wish to enroll their student in a school other than their neighborhood school must complete an open enrollment application during one of two open enrollment periods DCSD offers annually.
You do not need to open enroll to stay at your school of current enrollment (UNLESS you have moved out of district). For more information, please visit DCSD Choice Programming or contact Kristin Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOVEMBER 1, 2018 (at 8am) - DECEMBER 3, 2018 (at 4pm)
- Click here for step by step instructions on how to use the tool
- First round open enrollment is not first come, first served; you have until December 3 at 4pm to complete this process.
- You may request that a confirmation email be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- You can change your open enrollment request choices at any time until December 3 at 4pm.
- You can choose to have your choices emailed to you after you have completed open enrollment.
- Schools have until December 7 at 4pm to offer you an open enrollment slot, based on space availability. You can log back into EngagED parent portal on or after December 10 to check on any offers you may have received.
- You have until December 17 at 4pm to accept an open enrollment offer from a school through the EngagED parent portal.
- If your open enrollment request is not accepted by any school, or you did not log in and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment wait list, which runs from January 22 to August 1.
- Second round open enrollment is "first come first served." Students requesting open enrollment only in the second round are placed on the wait list behind those that are currently on the wait list from first round.
- If you are open enrolled at a neighborhood school or attend a charter but would like to return to the neighborhood school associated with your address for the next school year you must file a Notice of Intent to Return by January 7, 2019.
- If you are moving within the district but would like to remain at your current school, you may do so by filing an Notice of Intent to Remain at any time.
- Board Policy JCA/JFB-R
- For parents who did not request open enrollment in the first round, the second round of open enrollment begins on January 22, 2019.
- Students will be placed on the prioritized second round open enrollment wait list on a first come, first served basis.
- Schools will begin notifying parents by August 1, 2019 IF and when a second round open enrollment spot is available.