The MLK Elementary Library Media Center serves as an integral part of the school educational program. A certified school library media specialist administers the library program and provides regular Information Literacy education through collaboration with classroom teachers. Library services support and enrich the curriculum, promote a love of reading and encourage life-long learning. Flexible scheduling allows students and teachers the best possible access to the facility, its staff and its resources.
• Respect the library materials (so we‛ll have more to use)
• Everything has a correct place (so we‛ll be able to find what we need)
• Always share (so we‛ll return things when they are due and we‛ll put things on hold when we have to wait)
• Don‛t disturb others working in the library (so we‛ll all have a special place to read and work)
***In addition, all school rules apply in regards to proper behavior.
• Enter the library quietly.
• Go to your assigned seats.
• Raise your hand and wait to be called on before speaking.
• Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
• Bring only your library book and your folder.
• Take a bathroom break before coming to the library.
Kindergarten - 1st Grade - may check out one book per visit. These books are allowed to go home for parents to read with their children.
2nd Grade - 3rd Grade - may check out one book per visit.
4th Grade - 5th Grade - may check out two books per visit.
Overdue Book Policy:
Students who have overdue materials may not check out materials until the overdue materials are returned. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Overdue notices will be distributed at the beginning of each month. There are currently no overdue fines charged at this time.
Lost or damaged books will need to be replaced at cost. Students will be obligated to pay for lost or damaged materials at the end of the school year.
Ms. Meredith Wilkerson
Library Media Specialist
"I had just taken to reading. I had just discovered the art of leaving my body to sit impassive in a crumpled up attitude in a chair or sofa, while I wandered over the hills and far away in novel company and new scenes... My world began to expand very rapidly,... the reading habit had got me securely." ~H. G. Wellsmeredith.email@example.com