On Our Darrington Day Celebration Meet & Greet Author Michael Duncan At The
Mountain Loop Books & Coffee 10am to 2pm!
#comcastcaresday, Come One! Come All!!
As a volunteer force without compare, we will be conquering miles of trail. The Parks Department is completing repair/replacement of the bridges along the trail, which gives us the go-ahead to repair the trail itself.
While the main highways have been restored for some time, the Trail has not. What we do will open the way for visitors, and restore another piece of normalcy to the community by opening up this wonderful trail.
To register to volunteer or learn more about the work-party project see:
Oso Whitehorse Trail.
What to bring?
· Water bottle
· Comfortable walking/hiking shoes or boots
· Work Gloves
· Change of clothes if weather requires
· Dress in layers and bring a rain coat
· Hand tools if you want to use your own ( label them)
What to leave at home?
· There is not a secure place to store personal items such as purses, cell phones, or coats. There is parking on site, but it is not recommended that you leave those items visible in your car.( you could however lock in your trunk)
· Pets (some people are not pet friendly, best to leave our furry friends at home)Lunch will be served midway through the day.
For more information contact Dene Seracy: 425-921-5820
Sloan Creek Road, the road that goes to Lost Creek Ridge, Sloan Peak Climbing Route, North Fork Sauk and Bald Eagle Trails has storm damage and can only handle high clearance vehicles. There is slumping of about 5 inches, (road dropping down) at .7 miles on the shoulder and slide materials across the road at 1.7 miles making this area very rough crossing.
The North Fork Sauk Falls Trail is before you encounter this damage.
Join The Big Dream! Consider someday staying overnight at the North Mountain Fire Lookout with the sun rising over panoramic views of the mountains!
See their Indiegogo Campaign and join the dream!
Help save our North Mountain Fire Lookout! Friends of North Mountain have been working very hard to restore the North Mountain Lookout and preserve this very important part of American heritage. Once this lookout is restored it will be offered as an overnight rental with it panoramic views, evening sunsets and sipping a hot cup of coffee as you watch the sunrise.
See the video & how you can donate & be part of the dream!