WELCOME TO THE POINT!
What is The Point?
The Point is an Academic Literacy Center where:
- You'll find an English and Math teacher, as well as paraprofessionals, every period.
- You'll find over 100 student tutors available throughout the day to assist you with any subject.
- Student tutors and Teachers listen, question, suggest, encourage, and guide as student-clients work toward academic success.
- Student clients work toward achieving success by applying the skills of academic literacy.
- Everyone helps everyone, every day.
For general inquiries, seminars, TICs (Tutors in the Classroom), or to reserve a space, please contact:
Scott Dahlberg, Director of Social Studies, 847-626-2311, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabina Kukalj, Literacy Center Assistant, 847-626-2222, email@example.com
- Students can make an appointment for one-on-one tutoring services.
- Students can visit room 1310 or use the online form to make an appointment.
- Students may sign up for a forty-minute session.
- Please bring your student identification card when making an appointment as well as on the day of your scheduled session.
- Walk-ins are always welcome.
- The Point offers several services for teachers and their classes.
- Services include orientations for students, literacy coaching, tutors in the classroom (TIC), professional development, and assistance with meeting school improvement goals with respect to reading and writing in the content areas.
- For Orientations and/or TICs, use the TIC Request Form.
Hours of Operation: 7:23 AM to 4:28 PM Monday through Thursday,
7:23 AM through 3:23 PM on Fridays
Tutoring is not available during Homeroom.