Infinite Campus - Posting Grades
and Report Card Comments
From Gradebook, confirm the Term, Section, and Task. Click the drop-down arrows to change options if necessary.
Post Grading Period Grades:
- From the Grading Period Task, click on the orange POST at the top of the Grade column in the In Progress area.
- In the Post Grades screen, select Post To, Task, Grading Period and OK.
- The In Progress grade will now display in the Posted grades area of the grading task.
- SAVE (video instructions)
Semester Exam Grades:
- To view Exam grades, change the task to Semester Exam.
- CFA / Final Exam percentage scores will be imported into the Semester Exam task automatically into a predefined assignment named CFA.* The CFA assignment has a value of 100 with a weight or multiplier of 1.
- Do not change the imported score--any changes made would be overwritten with the next CFA import.
- If not giving a district CFA, make a new assignment with the name Final Exam using the Common Assessment category. If you use the existing CFA assignment your data may be deleted.
- If additional semester exam assignments are necessary, enter the assignments and scores.
- SAVE. (semester exam assignment video instructions)
- The In Progress grade will be used to calculate the Semester Grade.
- DO NOT POST the Semester Exam. (semester exam task video)
*NOTE: if the CFA is taken after the last scheduled test date, grades will not be automatically imported and must be entered manually. Scores can be found in Mastery Manager.
Marking Period weights are hard-coded and can be viewed in the Gradebook Settings under Grade Calc Options.
- To view Semester grades, change the task to Semester Grade.
- The Semester grade is displayed in the In Progress area and is calculated from the posted Grading Period and In Progress Semester Exam grades. Verify the Semester grades.
- From the Semester Grade Task, click on the orange POST at the top of the Grade column in the In Progress area.
- In the Post Grades screen, select Post To, Task, Semester Grade and OK.
- The In Progress grade will now display in the Posted grades area of the Semester grading task.
Modifying Semester Grades for Specific Students:
- Click in the Posted letter grade cell for the grade to be overwritten.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the letter grade cell and choose the appropriate grade (including P or an INC).
- Do NOT re-post. If re-posting is necessary, the overrides will need to be done again. Posting grades copies the In Progress Grades into the Posted Grades column, so grade overrides would be overwritten.
If the final exam was not taken:
Optional: Using the "M" flag in the CFA assignment from the Semester Exam Task will mark the CFA as a missing assignment in the Campus Portal and calculate the CFA grade as 0%.
From the Semester Grade Task, after posting the Semester Grades:
- Click on the Posted Letter Grade of the student
- Select INC and SAVE.
Report Card Comments:
Teachers are encouraged to include comments. Comment codes and/or individual comments may be used.
- Enter Comments in the Grading Period or Semester Grading Task.
- Click on the *CC (canned comments) to enter comments in the Rpt Crd Comment box for each student. Comment List
*NOTE: the Use Canned Comments option in the Account Settings-Preferences must be checked.
- Type in the codes in the Enter Code(s) box and click the Add button or check the box next to the desired comment. Text, not codes should appear in the comment box above the codes.
- A narrative comment can also be typed into the comment box. (Do not copy text from a document and paste into the comment box.)
- When the comments are complete for a student, click Add Comments.
- The same comments can be added for all students at the same time by selecting Fill at the top of the Rpt Crd Comments column. When complete, click Fill and Save.
Print Grade Summary Reports:
After grades are posted, a grade summary with Grading Period posted grades, Semester Exam grades, and posted Semester grades can be run.
- From the left menu in Campus Instruction, choose Custom Links and Reports, then Teacher Posted Grades Report.