Taking daily attendance is mandatory. Use Quick Attendance
to easily enter attendance. Quick
Attendance may be accessed from the Home Page or from the toolbar. Attendance may only be recorded on scheduled attendance days for students
in that class. A lock will appear on the
class tab if the selected date is not scheduled for the students in that class.
- From the Home Page, select Quick Attendance. The date
will default to the current date.
- The classes will display as tabs across the top of the page.
Select a class.
- If all students are present, you may use the All Present button to easily record this.
- To designate a student absent or tardy, or change a previous selection, click the appropriate attendance
code next to the student’s name.
codes will toggle by clicking on them. Click A to record an absence; click A
again to clear it or click another code to overwrite it.
- A green
check mark to the left of the class name indicates attendance has been taken.
can be changed or corrected if it is done before the 3:45 P.M. cut-off
status entered by the attendance office will automatically appear in the
teacher’s gradebook the next day, or earlier the same day, depending on when
the office entered the data.
- A “change
of absence code” message will appear at the next log-in if entered by the
- If an
absence code has already been entered by the attendance office, it is not
necessary to re-enter the code for that student.
- The lock
icon will display if a date is not a valid school day for the particular class.
- If an absence code has been entered by the attendance office
and that student was present in the class, select P.
- Click on
the Attendance Grid button.
- Click on the arrows
to change the attendance view date range.
Total attendance by grading period
will be displayed in the results column on the right.