Mrs. Scott's 6th Grade Website!
Hello! I am thrilled to be your ELA teacher! 2018-2019 is going to be a great year!
A little about me:
- Before coming to HMS, I taught at Monroe School - yes, I was a Mustang before I became a Spartan!
- I love, love, love to read!! I do not have a favorite book or author, but I really like series books, mysteries, and realistic fiction. I am learning to like fantasy and historical fiction more - it's sometimes hard to read outside of the genres that I am so familiar with and make me so happy!
- College basketball is the sport I am most passionate about and the University of North Carolina Tarheels is my favorite b-ball team - Go Heels! (No, I did not go to school there, but I still root for them!!)
- Dachshunds are the breed of dogs I love most. We have three feisty rescue doxies- Coco, Bailey, and Stella Marie.
- August 27 - First Day of School!
- September 3 - No School - Labor Day
- September 5 - Picture Day
- September 6 - Curriculum Night
- October 8 - No School - Columbus Day
- October 26 - Quarter 1 Ends