Where are practices? What time are they over?
- During the season, practices are everyday (Monday-Friday) at 3:10 p.m. at the LHS track. On non-race Saturdays there is always practice, but times and locations will vary. Do not schedule anything before noon on non-race Saturdays and do not schedule anything before 3:00 p.m. on race Saturdays. Weekday practices end at 5:30 p.m.
What do I bring to practice?
- Clothes for the weather, good running shoes (they last one season or 400 miles), water or sports drink (24-48 ounces), and a sports watch (we run for time most days - pick one up cheap from a big box store)
Are practices ever canceled due to weather?
- No. Lightning is the only weather condition that prevents us from running a normal practice. In the event of lightning we move indoors and continue working out. (During summer practices when indoor shelter is not an option we may delay practice until the weather clears.)
Where would I find the most up-to-date information, including schedule or practice changes?
- The main page of the web site will always contain the most up-to-date information. Please check it first.
Can I pick my son up from a meet?
- Yes. At the meet, find the bus sheet with your son's name on it (always near the med kits) and sign next to his name. In general we like the athletes to ride the buses home as this is a good time go over goals and performances, but we understand busy schedules, especially on school nights.
Can I drive another athlete home after a meet?
- This is possible in rare circumstances, but you must contact Coach Mark well ahead of time. Otherwise, please plan on driving only your own son home.
- A PR is a Personal Record. It is an athlete's best time for the season. Athletes may also talk about lifetime PR's which mean the best time they have ever run. In either case it is a race to be celebrated. A varsity point is earned for a PR.
Where can I get directions to meets?
- Click on the link directions to meets in the left column - meet sites are in alphabetical order. Many schools do not run on their campuses.
What time are the meets?
- Click on the link schedule in the left column. Find the meet you are going to and check the times in the far right column. For weekday meets boys run at 4:45 p.m. in even years and about 5:15 p.m. in odd years.
What does it mean when it says "Top 7" or "JV" on the schedule?
- Every athlete runs a race at every meet. At weekday meets all boys run in the same race. On Saturdays there is a race for each athlete, but it varies from week to week. For example if the race states "FROSH (all)" then it is for all freshmen. If the race states "F/S (top 7)" then it is for the top 7 Freshmen/Sophomores based on that year's PR. The JV or OPEN race is for all athletes who do not qualify for one of the other races listed.
What is the best way to get copies of the photos on the website?
When viewing the photo you want pull down "Actions" and select "download photo." This will download the photo to where ever you have specified in system preferences or control panels. The files are .JPG's and around 1.2 MB in size -- good enough to print 8x10.
What is the deal with pasta parties and who is in charge?
- Pasta parties are held the Friday before Saturday meets in the LHS cafeteria. Parents volunteer to make food and drop off the food at the school between 4:15 and 4:30. Parents are always encouraged to stay and eat with the athletes (plus it helps with their good manners). The pasta party coordinator is in charge of letting people know what to make or bring and the box of utensils that are reused each week. When signing up, please consider being the coordinator. Pasta Party Link.
Cross Country >