with Focus means…
one, specific topic
a clear point
with a specific audience in mind
Think about these ideas when you try to write with focus...
- Think about topics that you know a lot about
- Narrow your larger topic to one, specific, interesting idea
Making a Point
- Make sure your writing would answer the question "So what?" if someone asked
Writing for an Audience
- Think about the people who will be reading your writing, then think about what type of writing might be best for your audience
Think about these questions to ask yourself to check your focus:
my writing make a clear, distinct point?
I focus my writing on a specific, narrowed topic?
I consider my audience when I wrote?
- Does my writing answer the
question, “So what?”