Food Service Office Staff
the following information from
NEW FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2016/2017 "CEP"
The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
The GREAT NEWS is that ALL
students enrolled at Gold Strike High School, Mokelumne Hill
Elementary, Rail Road Flat Elementary, San Andreas Elementary, Toyon
Middle School and West Point Elementary
are eligible to receive a healthy
breakfast and lunch at school at NO CHARGE to your household each day of
the 2016-2017 school year.
We are asking that you fill out
and sign the Household Economic Survey,
which is needed for administrative purposes, not to determine
eligibility. This survey allows our
school to benefit from various State and Federal supplemental programs like
Title I, Title II, E- Rate, LCFF, etc.
This survey is critical in determining the amount of money the school
receives from a variety of supplemental programs. We are asking that you please complete and
submit it as soon as possible. (Survey is located under the 'Free & Reduced' tab)
. Meal Account Balances (positive or negative) carry over to next school year AND follow students to all schools within our district.
· Student's meal accounts: If they do not have funds on their accounts to cover meals, they will be offered an alternative meal at no charge (does not apply to "Free" eligibility).
· Current Free or Reduced eligibility will extend 30 operating days into the 2016-2017 school year; allowing a grace period for parents to re-apply for Free or Reduced-price benefits.
· Free/Reduced meal applications are required for EACH school year if you wish to continue receiving benefits. The only exception is if you receive a letter from Food Services that your student has been 'directly certified' for the new school year. Then, you do NOT need to fill out a meal application. 2016-2017 Meal Applications will be available in July prior to the start of school at www.calaveras.k12.ca.us or you can apply on-line thru your Parent Portal account after July 1, 2016.
· Incoming Pre-school or Kindergarten students: If you have new students enrolling and other students in your household are currently on the Free/Reduced meal program; please contact the Food Service office to extend the grace period eligibility to these students.
· MEAL PRICES FOR 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR at Jenny Lind Elementary, Valley Springs Elementary and Calaveras High School are as follows:
for Free/Reduced is " no
charge"; Full Price= $1.25 for K-6; and $1.75 for 7-12
· Lunch: Reduced=$.40 for K-12; Full Price= $2.75 for K-6; and $3.00 for 7-12
· Individual milk or juice: $.50 Other ala carte items are available for purchase at varying prices.
For any questions, please
contact Melanie Hernandez
at (209) 754-2120 or email@example.com