Welcome to the web page for Parkside Elementary School. We are a Pre-K -5 school with approximately 650 students. Parkside was built in 2002 which means we have spent over a decade of dedication to learning here. Our vision is “Excellence in Education!” Our mission states that in partnership with parents and community, Parkside Elementary will provide an excellent education in a safe and caring environment in which students are able to reach their full potential to become respectful, knowledgeable, and productive members of society.
To acquaint you with some of the programs that we offer, along with some of the partnerships we share with the community and other schools in the district, we have listed the following:
- Title I Services – In an effort to reach struggling learners, we utilize Reading Specialists and Reading and Math Interventionists who are able to target a student’s specific area of concern.
- Lexia – is a computer based program that can be used to help struggling readers or enhance the skills of excellent readers as well. The Lexia program can be utilized at home via the internet.
- TAG – is an after school program aimed to meet the needs of fourth and fifth grade students who are gifted in the area of reading and/or math.
- Band – Parkside offers band to students in fifth grade. Our band instructor meets with students and their parents in October of each year to help determine which instrument students might want to play
- Leadership Team – this is a group of students chosen by the administration. The team represents their fellow classmates to bring school improvement ideas to the administration and teachers. The team is also responsible for the school store which has items such pencils, erasers, note pads, etc. To become a member of the Leadership Team students are required to write an essay and participate in an interview process with the principals.
- Parkside currently participates in PBIS. (Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports) This program is designed to create a safe, effective, positive learning environment for every child by explicitly teaching behavioral expectations.
- “Caught Being Good” is part of Parkside’s positive behavior plan. Postcards are sent home to parents letting them know the good deed that their child has performed.
- Lunch Buddies – is a program that joins high school mentors with students who enjoy a little special attention. The students eat lunch together and then play games or just sit and get to know each other.
- DARE – is a drug and violence prevention program sponsored by the Lawrenceville Police Department and instructed by Officer Doodle Seitzinger. DARE is part of the 5th grade curriculum.
- Recycling at Parkside – Mrs. Waggoner helps to keep Parkside green by recycling plastic bottles and aluminum cans. Mr. Bob Gher also helps by collecting our discarded paper for recycling.
- Relay for Life – Parkside has made a commitment to participate in the mini-relay for life each year to help in the effort to find a cure for cancer.
Please visit our website often for updates and new happenings here at Parkside Elementary!
Julie Hayes ,Principal
Adam Seaney, Assistant Principal