- 02/14/2017: Dr. Luo receives REU Supplement award to the CAREER project, which will support one full-time undergraduate student for summer 2017.
- 01/30/2017: PhD student Seyed Ali Rooholghodos joins iBMF. Welcome on board, Ali!
- 12/10/2016: Master students Manal Alsamiri and Laurie Wei join iBMF. Welcome, Manal and Wei!
- 11/30/2016: A new paper about air bubble steering for membrane biofabrication is accepted for publication on Lab on a Chip. Congrats to the student authors Phu and Thanh!
- 11/01/2016: Our perspective paper on bacterial chemotaxis is accepted for publication on Biomicrofluidics.
- 10/10/2016: Luo and Raub labs presented at BMES in Minneapolis, MN!
- 09/06/2016: PhD student Piao Hu joins iBMF. Welcome, Piao!
- 08/29/2016: Congratulations to Kuanyu (Suker) for his summer research submission being selected for oral presentation at the Biofabrication 2016 Conference to be held in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA, October 29-31, 2016! Well done, Suker and coworkers!
- 08/26/2016: Congratulations to Dominic and Kathleen for their undergraduate summer research submissions being selected to present at BMES! This is the second year in a roll that our undergraduate summer research is selected for oral presentation at BMES (one of the 30 oral presentations out 600+ accepted undergraduate presentations in 2016!). Well done, folks!
- 08/24/2016: The Luo and Raub Labs having fun with the joint lab picnic at the sand vollyball courts by the Lincoln Memorial!
- 08/16/2016: Our static gradients paper is now accepted for publication on Lab on a Chip! Congratulations to all the student authors Thanh, Phu and Fahad!
- 07/15/2016: Phu, Thanh and Dr. Luo together presented two oral and two poster presentations at the 14th International Conference on Nanochannels, Minichannels, and Microchannels held during July 10-14, in Washington DC. Well done!
- 05/19/2016: Welcome graduate student Thinh Le and undergraduate student Kathleen O'Brien to the lab!
- 05/14/2016: Dr. Luo receives the Kaman Excellence in Research Award in the School of Engineering!
- 05/02/2016: The iBMF Lab holds its open house and welcomes ME Advisory Board members and SOE faculty visiting the lab!
The microfabrication-outside-clean-room facility in iBMF now can do photolithography of photoresist and electrodes (metal deposition has to be done elsewhere) with resolution down to single micrometers, and soft lithography to fabricate microfluidic devices.
- 01/27/2016: Dr. Luo receives NSF CAREER award for a proposal titled: CAREER "Highly stable lipid bilayers on freestanding cytoskeleton-like membrane"! The $500K funding will support research and education activities for the period of 2016-2021.
- 01/19/2016: High school students Aaraj Vij and Vishnu Murthy (from Thomas Jefferson High School of Science and Technology) visit iBMF lab and will conduct microfluidic research under Dr. Luo's mentorship. Welcome!
- 01/15/2016: Graduate student Thanh Vo joins the iBMF lab. Welcome!
- 11/03/2015: Undergraduates Colleen Cahill and Alex Quicksell join the lab for research. Welcome!
- 10/13/2015: Check the Departmental News for Alex Laprade's presentation at BMES!
- 10/06/2015: Congrats to Luis Bautista for successfully completing his master thesis for graduation in October 2015!
- 09/22/2015: Graduate students Fahad Jambi and Phu Pham join the lab to work on master thesis. Welcome!
- 09/04/2015: Congrats to Alex Laprade for his summer research work being selected for oral presentation at the Undergraduate Research, Design and Leadership I section at BMES. Alex is among the 29 oral presenters out of 450 submissions of undergraduate research abstracts to BMES. Well done, Alex! See you at Tampa!
- 08/07/2015: Dr. Luo will present at BMES in October in Tampa, FL for research on bacterial chemotaxis study.
- 07/25/2015: Dr. Luo gave an invited lecture seminar of his research at Xiamen University!
- 05/28/2015: iBMF welcomes undergraduate Elizabeth Coyle to join the research team at UMD for research in chemotaxis study.
- 05/20/2015: iBMF welcomes undergraduates Alex Laprade and Kuanyi (Suker) Li to join the lab for undergraduate research!
- 05/16/2015: Congrats to Dominic Renner for receiving his B.S. degree with the prestigeous ASME leadership award! Best wishes for his new journey in graduate school in Georgia!
- 02/10/2015: Dr. Luo's new paper on bacterial signaling in synthetic ecosystem is accepted by Lab on a Chip!
- 12/06/2014: iBMF launches its new website.
- 12/05/2014: Luis Bautista join the iBMF lab to work on his master thesis. Welcome!
- 10/25/2014: Undergraduate Dominic Renner presents his summer research at BMES conference. Congratulations, Dominic!