Welcome to the
Monmouth County Career Center!
The Career Center is a shared-time basis program.
- Upon entering the Career Center, students take part in an “exploration”
program. Students attend the morning session and are placed in four
different vocational areas, one per marking period.
- Usually the year after exploration, upon receiving a teacher
recommendation, students are placed in a training program. They attend
the afternoon session, stay in one shop all year, and receive more
specialized training in a specific vocational training area that will
hopefully lead to further education or entry-level employment.
- Students return to home schools for academic instruction and participation in extracurricular activities.
- School to Work staff members assist Career Center students in finding employment in their Junior and Senior years.
- All training hopefully leads to an opportunity for employment.