Lawrence Public Schools
Teacher – Multiple Subject Areas and Grade Levels
About Lawrence Public Schools:
Lawrence Public Schools is an urban district serving more than 13,000 students, the majority of whom are economically disadvantaged. More than 30% of our students our English Learners. We are committed to ensuring that our students, who have for too long been underserved, are provided with a high-quality, free, public education at their local, district schools. In 2012, Lawrence Public Schools began a district-wide turnaround effort across its schools that continues today. Led by a state-appointed Receiver, Lawrence's schools and educators are given unprecedented autonomy to chart their own course. Our turnaround is grounded in the belief that individual schools are the fundamental unit of change.
About This Position:
The Educator will help to close the achievement gap by working with small groups, individuals, and the whole class to ensure that students are receiving standards-based and rigorous instruction, appropriate support, and necessary accommodations. This individual will report to the Principal and will work closely with Grade Level Teams, ESL Educators, Special Education Staff Members, and the School Leadership Team.
The Educator’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
· Teach, reinforce, remediate, and ensure mastery of academic content with individual students, small groups of students, and whole class(es) of students;
· Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards and MA frameworks;
· Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
· Use assessment data to refine curriculum and modify instructional practices;
· Communicate effectively, consistently, and professionally with students, families, and colleagues;
· Provide support, accommodations, and attention to all students;
· Participate in curriculum and professional development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
· Ensure students are engaged and invested in the classroom, managing behavior and providing incentives;
· Comply with school, district, and statewide policies and regulations;
· Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards; and
· Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills and Characteristics:
The Educator should possess the following skills and attributes:
Salary and benefits in accordance with the Lawrence Teachers’ Union contract and LPS policy.
How to Apply: