Rutland County Women’s Network & Shelter
Type of Position: Full time (40 hours/week), Exempt
Work Site: Shelter Office and Main Office - Supervisor: Executive Director
Scope of Work: The Shelter Coordinator Advocate provides direct services and high-quality advocacy to survivors in shelter and clients outside the shelter. Works with staff to implement policies and practices promoting the safety and wellbeing of domestic and sexual violence survivors. All advocacy provided by this position is survivor-centered, trauma informed and empowerment based.
Organizational and Administrative
· Serve on organizational teams or committees and participate actively in staff meetings.
· Provide assistance and support to victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
· Be knowledgeable about community resources and refer individuals effectively to outside agencies.
· Maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
· Conduct daily shift notes to maintain an accurate client file.
· Work with community agencies to safety plan and coordinate services.
· Be available to be on call for the crisis hotline.
· Teach social and life skills.
· Run support groups with individuals about domestic violence, sexual assault concerns and healthy relationships.
· Work with children to address their individual needs.
· Speak at local schools and colleges about healthy relations and domestic violence.
· Work to transition shelter residents back into the community and into safe and permanent housing.
· Clean resident rooms after a departure from shelter and conduct an inventory for supplies.
· Provide case management services with the individual and/or family.
· Minimum 3 years human services experience;
· Orientation to details and proven ability to manage multiple deadlines;
· A demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression work and ending domestic and sexual violence;
· Ability and commitment to work within a team model to achieve organizational goals;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
The Rutland County Women’s Network and Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, or national origin.
Send resume and cover letter to avaloyl@rcwn. org