System Support Specialist
System Support Specialist: Casella Waste Systems, Inc., a $560M company with 1908 employees located in Rutland, VT is seeking to hire an entry level System Support Specialist to be part of the Support Services Team reporting to the Manager of Support Services. The System Support Specialist is responsible for first and second level support for all enterprise software and hardware platforms. This position provides effective diagnostic evaluation of end-user Customer needs, and in all cases uses good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each technical issue or complaint to the customers’ satisfaction. Resolution includes, but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolve technical problems, timely response to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. The position is also responsible for managing cell phones and mobile devices in accordance with corporate policy. The ideal candidate must possess strong organization skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, the ability to communicate in a non-technical manner, and a motivation to learn enterprise applications and hardware configurations to provide optimal technical support to the end-users.
· Provide first and second level support to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and email.
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
· Research end-user questions using available information and knowledge base resources.
· Advise end-user on appropriate action.
· Follow standard corporate Help Desk procedures.
· Log all Help Desk interactions.
· Redirect problems to correct resource.
· Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
· Track and route problems and requests, and document resolutions.
· Inform management of recurring problems.
· Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
· Assist with desktop, laptop and tablet imaging, installs and configurations as needed.
· Maintain and organize backup/restore schedules for external rotation and storage of backup tapes.
· Manages the corporation’s mobile phone program.
· Assists in projects and work efforts as assigned.
· Microsoft Certification is a plus.
· Strong computer literacy skills with emphasis on software/hardware knowledge, installs, use.
· Technical-level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft applications, database applications, Internet and internet protocols.
· Knowledge of smart phone and mobile device platforms.
· Experience with computer imaging products is a plus.
· Provide quality service to internal and external customers in all assigned tasks.
· Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude.
· Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to be on call rotation.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 1-2 years of related experience.Excellent benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance and 401(k) plan, and paid
Devin Siva, Human Resources, email@example.com
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer